A History Of Sex Work In Thailand

canadiangirl

Empowerment is great, they have a bar near where I live, thumping druken Thai Karaoke till 4 am many nights, yes, a semi-residential area. That windowless front to the bar was a stroke of genius to share the said empowerment for all to hear. They are not the only nightclub type of business in the area, just the noisiest. As the place is devoid of actual customers just as well it is NGO funded, my thanks go out.

Obviously you don't know thailand very well..... 99.9% of the clients are thai.

I was not saying anything to contradict that.

And the profession encompasses from lower to higher echelons of society. (from farm girl to middle class to rich)

Middle class people are, presumably, doing it because they don't know of other ways/have the skills to get equivalent amounts of money.

Rich people seling themselves ? Why ?

Anyone who makes money off of "sex-tourists" is quite happy that they are here and that includes all of Thailand's GIANT tourist industry.

Yes, Thais would love it if the country were not known as a destination for sex, but not not enough to refuse the profits and certainly not enough to stop patronizing the sex industry themselves! :o

And of course, all the Farang Bar Owners are totally against sexual exploitation.

Something really needs to be done in places like Pattaya, I know it will still go on if all the Farangs left tomorrow, but at least when it's the Thai people in charge of the bars....it'sThai on Thai, not some Farang travelling 1000's of miles to exploit another persons financial situation.