Non-immg O Marriage

I've been married 5 years now to a thai and i work overseas and have been using visa on arrival all the time.

I am in near Housten at the moment so am just about to apply for mulity entry non 0, marriage, $150. I'll be still working over seas on rotation and won't be in thailand over 4 weeks at a time and leave for maybe 4-5 weeks.

My question is, do you have to check in every 3 months to emmigration ??? this may not be possible for me, although i could do it 2-3 weeks either side. Are they ok with this.?

When i got to renew it , can i do so in thailand ?? or do i still have to do it overseas ??

if so, is it worth the bother getting it, ?? as technically i can still use the "tourist" visa

cheers

Better for you to apply for the non-o Visa based on Marriage.

You can get a one year extension in Thailand, if you want to.

In your situation, there are minors advantages to get the extension, example if you plan to get PR.

...am just about to apply for mulity entry non 0, marriage, $150. I'll be still working over seas on rotation and won't be in thailand over 4 weeks at a time and leave for maybe 4-5 weeks.

My question is, do you have to check in every 3 months to emmigration ???

Deckx, you don’t have to report your address to immigration every 90 days with your type of visa, ie the multiple-entry non-O visa. These address reports only have to made for people who stay in Thailand over 90 days at a time.

Better for you to apply for the non-o Visa based on Marriage.

You can get a one year extension in Thailand, if you want to.

Singa-traz, the visa you are suggesting is exactly the visa the OP says he is applying for.

His travel schedule might make it difficult, if not impossible, to get an annual extension for living with Thai wife.

--

Maestro

As said that is the ideal visa for your situation. It is easier to obtain in home countries but with a bank account equal to 400k and marriage certificate/copy wife id card Singapore has provided and believe Penang now does so with 200k in Thai account. People working in Middle East seem to have no problem receiving such a visa from local Consulates there.

cheers guys , yeah, its seems no hassle here in Housten, can do it by Fed-ex even though i'v got an Irish passport, All they want is copy of marrige license/translation and copy of wifes passport.

No questions about 400k etc which is aload of crap. I mean its not like I have the option to get the dole in thailand..

deckx