Password

HDRIDER

Hey HD this is the weirdest post I have ever seen on TV.For a password think of your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend`s date of birth take the date multiply it by .33 then divide it by today`s baht/usd rate add your date of birth to the number you come up with then substitute every individual number with a letter of the alphabet i.e A=1,B=2,C=3 etc. the word you come up with you can use as your password and easy to remember as all you have to do is keep the same partner and remember what day you made your password so you can check the Baht/usd rate.

would you like a hand signing in as well?I am very good with bank accounts :o

I know where the OP is coming from. These days there's so many passwords, PIN, access codes, tele-banking codes etc that it becomes a logistical nightmare.

One way suggested to me was to get a free email account (like Yahoo or Hotmail) and send yourself an email with all your passwords. That way if you forget all you need is internet access and you are back up and running.

Peter

Hi Guys

Any know about a good password remember program, thx a lot.

I use Password Safe, although an old version. I just found out that its now an open source program. So I'm pretty sure if someone wanted to hack my password file they could. But they have to know that I'm using it, find a generically named file, and then hack it.

http://passwordsafe.sourceforge.net/

I've used other programs but this one is fast and easy to use. Most others take a while to load and then aren't so easy to use. This one is straight forward. One main password, then I hit a letter key and it scrolls down to the first item starting with that letter, then the second letter and it moves to the first one with those 2 letters. You can even password it so that it asks for a password on restoring from a minimized state in case someone walks to the computer.