A Question About Threads..

LivinLOS

I was just reading the interesting 'Burmese' thread we have here... A couple of posters had valid interesting comments with a couple I wanted to add to, agree or dispute.. But the thread gets closed for no reason.

Now this isnt a Mod moan.. The OP asked for it to be closed.. But I have to ask why ?? Or rather why are they then listened to ?? Others were reading and contributing to that, others are interested, just cos the OP has lost interest so what ?? Stop reading then. Its a discussion forum, an OP doesnt own a discussion to close it as they see fit (do they ?).

If an OP posts something and gets flamed ok I can see a valid reason, if a thread goes into a flame fest ok I understand. But closing a thread because the

OP is bored of it ?? What about all the other people who had taken time to contribute.. They might not be bored yet.

Its like someone coming in a crowded bar, turning a sports match on, the whole bar starts to watch and then the person who turned it on deciding they had had enough and turning it off.. They would be shouted down, others are interested and its a public space.

Why close active interesting dicsussion because one person involved doesnt want to follow it ??

Maybe I need to lay off the coffee first thing..

I was just reading the interesting 'Burmese' thread we have here... A couple of posters had valid interesting comments with a couple I wanted to add to, agree or dispute.. But the thread gets closed for no reason.

Now this isnt a Mod moan.. The OP asked for it to be closed.. But I have to ask why ?? Or rather why are they then listened to ?? Others were reading and contributing to that, others are interested, just cos the OP has lost interest so what ?? Stop reading then. Its a discussion forum, an OP doesnt own a discussion to close it as they see fit (do they ?).

If an OP posts something and gets flamed ok I can see a valid reason, if a thread goes into a flame fest ok I understand. But closing a thread because the

OP is bored of it ?? What about all the other people who had taken time to contribute.. They might not be bored yet.

Its like someone coming in a crowded bar, turning a sports match on, the whole bar starts to watch and then the person who turned it on deciding they had had enough and turning it off.. They would be shouted down, others are interested and its a public space.

Why close active interesting dicsussion because one person involved doesnt want to follow it ??

Maybe I need to lay off the coffee first thing..

I totally agree. This thread should not be closed because someone is bored of it.

I purposely came here today to say something about Thai people caring because someone on the above mentioned thread said they didn't.

Only to find that it's been closed cause someone didn't want to see it anymore.

Don't look then.

I mean, what is a forum for if not to discuss issues like this.

Maybe Thai Visa is only here so we can find where to buy the cheapest food or room rent. (my wife cooks great and i have a fine house already)

If so, i won't bother coming here and will stop complaining.

But if it's more than that. Than why stop an interesting thread?

I don't get it. !!! !

But if it's more than that. Than why stop an interesting thread?

I don't get it. !!! !

Please be patient. As Totster mentioned, it is under discussion by the mods now. This is a new issue and we appreciate members bringing it to our attention,

As I said in the OP.. I didnt mean this as a mod b1tch.. I know they are unwelcome and I fully understand why, I have modded on a big forum myself and its a thankless task (bart simpson paardox, damned if you do and damned if you dont :o ) I also know TV is a much more tightly controlled forum than most I post on.

I just felt that was one of the more interesting threads the subforum has had in a while and was active and discussed, what gives the poster the right to say 'enough now' while others are contributing.

More for the future than that one thread I guess. Thanks for listening either way.