New Passport, Can They See My Previous Visas ?

Hello everyone,

I am getting a new passport, and now I am wondering, if they ( Immigration , - thai customs ) can see the previous visas, I have had in the last couple of years, if I don´t transfer any visa from the old to the new passport ?

Do you have any experience about that question ?

North :o

Edited by North

Why would you not want to transfer the visa from your old passport to your new? Its a straightforward process.

If for some obscure reason you cannot....................i doubt anyone can give you a definitive answer. Do the computor records go back 2 years ? If they do.......are they entered correctly? TIT

I think you need to give some more detailed information regarding the circumstances.

Why would you not want to transfer the visa from your old passport to your new? Its a straightforward process.

If for some obscure reason you cannot....................i doubt anyone can give you a definitive answer. Do the computor records go back 2 years ? If they do.......are they entered correctly? TIT

I think you need to give some more detailed information regarding the circumstances.

Well, I guess you are right.

Earlier this year I had my first non imm O visa stamped in my passport. One of the things I wanted to do after that was to send all my belongings to Thailand, the rule is the shipment must arrive within 6 months after the non imm O is issued.

But unfortunately something happened, that has delayed that shipment, and now it cannot arrive within the 6 months.

I cannot just get another non imm O visa, because this rule is only valid for the first time you get this kind of visa.

That is why I think about, if they can see my previous visa story, if I get a new passport and get a new non imm O visa?

I don´t know how their system works, but I know that many people from one country can have exactly the same name, so they must have a way other than the name to find out, who the person standing in front of them is.

Maybe the are using the passport number ?

Does anyone know more ?

North

I don´t know how their system works, but I know that many people from one country can have exactly the same name, so they must have a way other than the name to find out, who the person standing in front of them is.

Maybe the are using the passport number ?

Does anyone know more ?

It has always been my understanding that immigrations uses your name and your date of birth to identify you so yes, if you change your passport, immigrations would still be able to track your history of entries/exits.

You seem to be interested in if Customs Department can determine your status rather than Immigration. I have seen others report Immigration officers showing them computer screen readouts of multi passport so they can surly find the information if asked or want. As for duty free shipping it is not the visa but your circumstances that determine your ability to import duty free. A non immigrant O visa does not provide the right to duty free import.

A Thai I know well had his passport stolen while retrieving luggage at the airport.

He had excess baggage shipped separately and Thai Airlines was the carrier.

They required proof of his being overseas in order to retrieve his luggage without it being declared imported item.

He went to Thai Immigration that gave him a print out of his exits and entries in the past five years and with his new passport, was able to retrieve his luggage.

Most countries return the old passport to the holder with appropriate holes through it, when obtaining a new passport, so carry both.

Only your current visa status will be transferred to your new passport upon request.

I renewed my passport in May this year. On receiving new passport along with the old containing visa I went to Nong Khia and filled out a simple form that tranfered my old passport to new. I received a stamp in the new passport documenting previous visits to Thailand so I would suggest that a record is kept.