Additional Admendments For Applying At Immigration, Marriage And Possible Ray Of Light For Foreign Parent Under 50 Years Old

Apply at your own Immigration Province Office

After OCT 1. Applicants living in other provinces will NOT be able to apply through the immigration in Bangkok (they must apply locally).

Example: You don't like how your local immigration office interprets the laws so you having been going to another province such as Bangkok. Now you can no longer use that option. You must go to the local office after Oct 1st.

Marriage Visa amendment:

If you are applying on the basis of having 40,000 salary inside Thailand (with WP) you must also provide a location map of the company and photos of the company.

Possible Amendments:

They are re-considering the criteria for applicants supporting a Thai child and may allow a foreign parent UNDER 50 to apply. Not confirmed.

A new immigration order is expected to be released next week outlining these (and possibly other) changes.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

2 questions:

1. What if your salary comes from outside Thailand to a Thai bank, with no work permit, can you still get a marriage visa?

2. Supporting a Thai child, does this mean Luk kreung also (your own), the above sounds like, a foreign person taking on the wifes child from a previous relationship with a Thai?

1. What if your salary comes from outside Thailand to a Thai bank, with no work permit, can you still get a marriage visa?

The ammendment quoted applies to extending the O Visa based on marriage.

If you are married to a Thai national you can still apply for an O Visa in the same way.

totster :o

As of now, yes for a extension of stay.

2. Supporting a Thai child, does this mean Luk kreung also (your own), the above sounds like, a foreign person taking on the wifes child from a previous relationship with a Thai?

It means you are the father of a Thai child and meet the criteria of support.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

After OCT 1. Applicants living in other provinces will NOT be able to apply through the immigration in Bangkok (they must apply locally).

Sun 02 Sep 07, 7:03 a.m.

Well, that is an unpleasant surprise! For the past two years (coming up on my third retirement extension), I have been applying in Bangkok. I live in KKC, about mid-way between the Nong Khai and the Korat offices. Some guys here use one, some the other. Is there a list of which office has jurisdiction, or some way to get an official designation?

Thanks, lah!

Aloha,

Rex

Example: You don't like how your local immigration office interprets the laws so you having been going to another province such as Bangkok. Now you can no longer use that option. You must go to the local office after Oct 1st

So now if someone at a particular immigration is either an a**hole or their interpretation of regulations is unreasonable you are unable to go elsewhere for fair treatment. :D

More begging bowing and scraping required just to get that annual visa renewed.

This is just getting silly now. :o

A new immigration order is expected to be released next week outlining these (and possibly other) changes.

H*ll bring on the fingerprinting, DNA samples and tagging. Why not issue us armbands and papers stating who we are, visas etc etc.Hey while we're at it why not get a bloodtest just to make sure minor dependents can prove they are your children. And while we are there lets get a photo's of all the family, vechicles and every place we frequent including the som tam stall. And finally a daily roata and map of where we will be at all times.

Thailand ( translation) Freeland my *ss :D

Just a note that may be common knowledge but was new to me..

Obtaining a non O under 50 for supporting a Thai child can be done if combined with getting your child a ED visa.. Many good schools will assist with this and it created a non O (for the adult single father) based on the childs ED.. A buddy just did this recently without any issue.

Sorry of thats OT but its sorta related.

Just a note that may be common knowledge but was new to me..

Obtaining a non O under 50 for supporting a Thai child can be done if combined with getting your child a ED visa.. Many good schools will assist with this and it created a non O (for the adult single father) based on the childs ED.. A buddy just did this recently without any issue.

Sorry of thats OT but its sorta related.

An ED VISA for a Thai national (child)???

Really???

Believe the child would have to be here as a foreign national on a one year extension of stay (7.8) and one parent could use section (7.10) and a deposit made in the amount of 500,000 baht to obtain an extension of stay for one year as the caretaker.

His child is (obviously) luk krung 50/50.. I am guessing he got an ED visa based on the child being a British national child as well as being a thai national ?? If its 'your' child (genetic as opposed to adopted from a previous thai / thai relationship) I assume you would obviously have the same rights ??

I have to say it was new to me but not having any kids I had never given it any thought.. Maybe it isnt as common knowledge then.

The school did all the paperwork for him but given he was handing over 100's of 1000's of baht in fees I am not surprised. They laid out the whole thing for him on a platter and his one year visa was a perk of the process. Hes under 50 and doesnt work in Thailand. I can ask more when I next see him. I dont know what amount of money he may have had to show in a bank.

Hi.

Having just done a quick but very frustrating search for locations of local immigration bureau can anybody advise me on the nearest office for me living on the Saraburi/Lopburi border. For the past 12 years I've had to make the journey into Bankok, the thought of starting the process again in a new venue does not fill me with great deight. Still at least I may be able to drive my own car to this one, which is something my blood pressure would not allow in Bangkok! Time we had some much heavier "Goalposts". Thanks in anticipation.

Nibor.

Edited by Nibor1945

Example: You don't like how your local immigration office interprets the laws so you having been going to another province such as Bangkok. Now you can no longer use that option. You must go to the local office after Oct 1st.

Marriage Visa amendment:

If you are applying on the basis of having 40,000 salary inside Thailand (with WP) you must also provide a location map of the company and photos of the company.

Possible Amendments:

They are re-considering the criteria for applicants supporting a Thai child and may allow a foreign parent UNDER 50 to apply. Not confirmed.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Is this a way of stopping us getting fair treatment from BKK??I have my fouth marrige visa with 400 000 in the bank and my local imm says I'm not grandfathed who do I go to now???

Mon 03 Sep 07, 7:36 a.m.

What are the procedures for properly notifying of a change of address? Is that just handled automatically via your next 90 day reporting, or do you have to specifically advise "I have moved from _______ to _________ " within a certain time frame of the move?

In other words, if push came to shove, hypothetically, some (unspecified) person could move to Bangers and take care of visa extension. Then two weeks later, decide to move back to Phuket or wherever, right? Of course, now they are going to read this, realize they left a loophole, and ask for the tanien ban (sp?) and a copy of the rental contract. But even that can be gotten around if the unspecified person were sufficiently motivated.

It is a bad idea to create rules that cannot be enforced. People get around them. Then the authorities become paranoid and cranky, more restrictive and draconian trying (usually ineffectually) to enforce them, which usually means that an entire class of people who are already following the letter of the law are inconvenienced, or worse.

Sigh! :o

Edited by rexall