Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ASEAN NOW

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Locked out of my Outlook account again – Email Alternatives Please

Featured Replies

I use Google apps, so Gmail is pretty much the practical choice for me. Rarely use MS apps, even though OS is Win10. MS paint & clipchamp is about it for MS apps.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Bredbury Blue
    Bredbury Blue

    Apart from I'm used to and happy to use my computer (windows) and Android phone, could you explain how getting a Mac or IPad helps my problem?

  • Will B Good
    Will B Good

    I feel for you.....previously, I've spent days trying to get back into my Outlook. account........I think at one time they sent an SMS saying they had sent an email to my account explaining how to acc

  • Bredbury Blue
    Bredbury Blue

    Emails you can get on your computer or phone. My account has been blocked on both. This isn't related to the device being used but thanks for contributing.

Posted Images

I was using the e-mail services of, firstly, yahoo.fr from about 2001 and later added gmail.com. But in mid-2020 first one and then the other - without warning or explanation - became inaccessible to the E-mail Client program I had used since the previous millennium. To this day, I do not know the reason. I assume they may have done away with their SMTP and POP3 servers to force the use of web-mail, thus obliging one to notice their advertisements.

I cannot conveniently handle incoming e-mail at a typical rate of 50 to 100 per day using a web-browser, and had no intention of abandoning the feature-rich, secure, and nowadays free Pegasus Mail.

I finally settled on Posteo which offers services in English, German and French and both traditional e-mail access (SMTP, POP3, and IMAP) as well as web-mail.

The cost is one euro per month, payable in advance. I usually send them about 20 euros when the balance is getting low. Price covers three e-mail addresses. Could be useful for sorting different categories.

Messages on server are encrypted. End-to-end encryption possible if both sending and receiving addresses are @posteo.…

Reliable service over six years. Human responders in English, by e-mail, to queries not covered by FAQ. No problem if using a VPN. Very rarely has there been an inability to access their server, and then only of short duration.

I still have browser-access to my yahoo.fr and gmail.com accounts - despite the latter informing me in 2024 they would close my account at year's end, for lack of use.

Recommended:

https://www.pmail.com/ for E-mail Client program

https://posteo.de › en E-mail Server

See also:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posteo

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.