Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ASEAN NOW

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What Youtube channels do you like to watch?

Featured Replies

53 minutes ago, JackGats said:

Is that the price if you buy Youtube Premium in Thailand? So the price differs from one "country" to the next. When I first became a Premium member the price was around 12 euros, shortly after that Youtube told me to agree to a higher price or cancel the membership.

Yes. I subscribed to Youtube premium from Thailand, way cheaper than in Australia. They wouldn’t accept my Australian credit card, but were happy with my Bangkok Bank debit card for a monthly automatically renewed subscription. All good so far - I spend a bit less than 6 months a year in Thailand, 3 months in Europe and 3 in Australia. They haven’t yet objected to my using Youtube outside Thailand.

Another advantage of a premium subscription is that it enables you to skip advertisements that have been placed within a video by its creator - there’s a small dot on the progress bar that you can manually skip to. I don’t think any ad blocker can do that.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My favorite channel and I watch every day is: Donald J Trump @DonaldJTrumpforPresident • 3.96M subscribers•4.3K videos This is the official YouTube Channel for President Donald J. Trump. ...more donal

  • Keeenok Powell
    Keeenok Powell

    Angry bootneck. This fella is the funniest guy on YT. Disclaimer,not for soy-boy lefties.

  • Do you even have time to live?

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

All products are priced for the market they are sold in. What ever the market, customer will tolerate, that's what is charged. And people complain about dual pricing in TH cheesy

image.png

Some great recommendations in this thread.

I did buy premium yearly when I was in Thailand. This year I took the tablet with me and not my windows notebook. With Windows it was no problem to extend another year. Now with the a android tablet I get the high price of my home country. Now it will be brave browser for YouTube videos and Spotify (Thai price) for music. Because I still have a Thai bank account, it will be no problem.

That out of the way, for some people her with too much time on there hand. I got the impression after looking at some of the channels they watch, I highly recommend this video. You will be entertained all day.

  • Author
1 hour ago, JackGats said:

Is that the price if you buy Youtube Premium in Thailand? So the price differs from one "country" to the next. When I first became a Premium member the price was around 12 euros, shortly after that Youtube told me to agree to a higher price or cancel the membership.

Prices of services in Thailand often are cheaper.

19 minutes ago, CygnusX1 said:

Yes. I subscribed to Youtube premium from Thailand, way cheaper than in Australia. They wouldn’t accept my Australian credit card, but were happy with my Bangkok Bank debit card for a monthly automatically renewed subscription. All good so far - I spend a bit less than 6 months a year in Thailand, 3 months in Europe and 3 in Australia. They haven’t yet objected to my using Youtube outside Thailand.

Can you set your Bangkok Bank credit card for Youtube only (while keeping other subscriptions like Google Drive etc.) on non Thai credits cards?

3 hours ago, JackGats said:

I used several adblock extensions. When one extension ceased to work I downloaded another. I had to do that quite often. Some adblocks even starting peddling their own commercials.

Adds got blocked but the vid went silent during the duration of the blocked add. Sometimes the vid stopped with each add blocked so I had to man the smartphone/laptop to set the vid going again. Etc. In the end the whole hassle became too much.

Youtube Premium has some other perks apart from no-ads.

I should have added : YT via computer.

My smart TV is not connected to the internet, so I don't

know if there are ads there too or how to avoid them,

when watching YT directly via smart tv.

You might need YT premium for that.

Advantage of paying for YT is that you can go 3 x the speed.

Sometimes 2x speed is not enough for all the slow speakers.

53 minutes ago, JackGats said:

Can you set your Bangkok Bank credit card for Youtube only (while keeping other subscriptions like Google Drive etc.) on non Thai credits cards?

I can’t definitely say that’s the case for credit cards, but my Youtube subscription auto debits each month from my Bangkok Bank debit card, and my Google Drive subscription auto debits each month from my Australian bank account. So far at least, there have been no objections from Google, but maybe in future they’ll run a cross check.

Edited by CygnusX1
correction

Sorry, I should have said my Google Drive subscription auto debits from one of my Australian credit cards each month. I never can get the edit function on this forum to work.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.