Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ASEAN NOW

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mary Hartman: Anyone here on AN still in love with her?

Featured Replies

8 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Here on TV, very few ever get the point, I'm afraid.

And, THAT'S what makes TV members loveable.

Thanks! That's a very positive take on something that could easily be very negative. Cheers. 😊

  • Replies 34
  • Views 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Best shows back then were Mash, All in the Family, Sanford and Son, Welcome Back Kotter, Barney Miller, Good Times, The Jeffersons, Happy Days, and a couple other minor ones. Never watched Mary Hartma

  • GammaGlobulin
    GammaGlobulin

    Mary Hartman Mary Hartman How we do miss you, these days. How much would we give to return to those days? That is the question.

  • Had to google her, and don't remember 'mary hartman' or ever seeing Lasser in anything, from the list of acting credits. Go figure 2 yrs & 325 eps, on every night ... yikes, and I never saw it 😂

Funny show

On 9/27/2026 at 5:54 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

This was a fantastic series, which was a parody of Soaps.

I loved it as a young man.

I still Love Lasser, but she was taken by Woody.

I have always wondered what she was REALLY like.....

Was she worried about the Yellow-Wax buildup on her kitchen floor, for example?

I guess we will never know.

I recall hearing an interview with Louise Lasser quite some time ago, when she described her life living with Woody in a very chic, high-rise Manhattan apartment, they both sleeping on the floor, without a shred of furniture, kitchenware, bed or any furnishings whatsoever, the entire time they lived there. Quite the bohemians!

I spent much of the 1970s outside the US, and the years I was in the US I did not watch much television, so I missed a lot of the popular culture that was centered around television shows.

I found that was a disadvantage when trying to solve International Herald Tribune crossword puzzles, although by the time the IHT finally folded, there were few clues that referred to that era of TV shows.

I've now missed additional decades of US TV and popular culture and struggle with some of the clues in the online NYT crossword.

Mary Hartman and a few other shows may have been worthwhile, but I tend to agree with Newton Minow's assessment of American television.

  • Author
1 hour ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

I spent much of the 1970s outside the US, and the years I was in the US I did not watch much television, so I missed a lot of the popular culture that was centered around television shows.

I found that was a disadvantage when trying to solve International Herald Tribune crossword puzzles, although by the time the IHT finally folded, there were few clues that referred to that era of TV shows.

I've now missed additional decades of US TV and popular culture and struggle with some of the clues in the online NYT crossword.

Mary Hartman and a few other shows may have been worthwhile, but I tend to agree with Newton Minow's assessment of American television.

Mary Hartman was anything but a wasteland.

Most of TV was a wasteland, as I tried to explain to Fred.

However, Hartman was not.

It was a Parody of US TV.

I bet it was mostly college students at the time who were more interested in that series.

And then, it was only the first or second year that seemed interesting as the show began to deteriorate into just a the normal soap that it was first satarizing.

These days, I think few young people in America watch television.

Hopefully, though, they will begin reading TV when they get to Thailand.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.