Someone Needs To Teach Me To Drive A Car

Agenda

everything said in the topic Needs to learn to drive a car in Pattaya.

:o:D:D

You and 5 million others in Pattaya! buy an automatic, get in push the pedal and turn the wheel or at least that's what appears to happen however, in response to your request their is a driving school up Pattaya Klang go towards sukhumvit, past Foodland on your left and about 20 yards up on the right is a driving school. I enlisted my partner their last year, we paid for 16 lessons and after 12 they were sent for the test which they passed first time. The school provide a book in Thai or english with all the roadsigns and take you up for your test in their car.

To be fair I gave my partner some private lessons over here in East Pattaya on the country roads albeit in an automatic so they at least knew how to do three point turns, park the car and use the mirror for driving! The school car is a manual which is what you need as once you pass your test you can then drive manual or automatic.

Edited by JohnC

Their is an excellent driving school on Pattaya Klang across from foodland. Not expensive, and they will even take you to get your license.

Barry

Do you want to learn to drive a car - seriously?

Or do you want to learn to pass a Thai driving test?

There is a big big difference there.

I can teach you how to drive - seriously

But I can't teach you how to pass a Thai driving test

Just noticed a mistake in the title of topic, was too tired when posted it :D

Thanks to everybody for the answers!

I don't need to pass a test. Just need lessons to drive very good (and I've never driven a car before).

Will check the school near Foodland. And PM to Mike :o

Just noticed a mistake in the title of topic, was too tired when posted it :D

Thanks to everybody for the answers!

I don't need to pass a test. Just need lessons to drive very good (and I've never driven a car before).

Will check the school near Foodland. And PM to Mike :o

If you have never driven a car before, and you live in thailand, you will also need to pass the written and practical Thai driving test.

Barry

I've been at this driving school today. Good pricing! For driving automatic - 10 hours for 3500. 20 - 5500, 16 - 4500. Will write here later how the lessons are.

My wife learned to drive our car there and also got her licence with their group. When your ready they give you a class in the morning for the written exam, and then take you with the other students that are ready to take the tests both written and driving.

Barry

I was wrong about pricing! Today I was registrating and prices that I put earlier was for manual operating car, and for automatic is 10 - 3500, 16 - 5500, 20 - 6500+ . 50 baht for registration.

If you learn at the parking place, it takes 15 minutes to take you there from the school, so the lesson (1 hour) at the parking will naturally last for only 30 minutes! So it's better to take lessons for 2 hours at least, I guess.

Not the best deal as it looked before, but still ok.

I took my first lesson this morning, it was fun and not difficult, as I thought it to be.

I was wrong about pricing! Today I was registrating and prices that I put earlier was for manual operating car, and for automatic is 10 - 3500, 16 - 5500, 20 - 6500+ . 50 baht for registration.

If you learn at the parking place, it takes 15 minutes to take you there from the school, so the lesson (1 hour) at the parking will naturally last for only 30 minutes! So it's better to take lessons for 2 hours at least, I guess.

Not the best deal as it looked before, but still ok.

I took my first lesson this morning, it was fun and not difficult, as I thought it to be.

Most of the instructors are very good according to my wife, and as you progress they will be taking you all over the place.

My wife has never driven a car before and she got her licence in 14 hrs.

Barry

I will teach with just a few words. Just close your eyes and go where ever and when ever you want like the rest of the people that drive here.

The worst drivers in the world come from Thailand. And the expats that drive here for over 6 months become just as bad of drivers as the Thai’s, even worse.

If you survive your first year behind the wheel you ready for some big time racing. Maybe Indy or Formula 1.

I will teach with just a few words. Just close your eyes and go where ever and when ever you want like the rest of the people that drive here.

The worst drivers in the world come from Thailand. And the expats that drive here for over 6 months become just as bad of drivers as the Thai’s, even worse.

If you survive your first year behind the wheel you ready for some big time racing. Maybe Indy or Formula 1.

I beg to differ. go to the phillipines, ten times worse driving than Thailand. last year they led southeast Asia in trafic accidents.

Barry

About the school on the Central rd. They have only one guy who teach foreigners. The guy is very friendly at the start and cheerful sometimes. However, if he's tired or not in mood, he gets offended easily (and with no obvious reason, just don't like something). It's ok by now, but I'm not very happy. I mean it's no screaming rudeness in his actions, I still can learn. I wish he'd be calmer. Maybe, it such a difficult job to teach others driving? Dunno.

I saw another school at 3rd road, close to the Central road, but didn't check it.

the driving test here in pattaya is very difficult,my wife nearly failed her test but then realized she was sitting in the back seat!! once she showed the examiner that she knew where the steering wheel was it was ok .

when she goes out driving i usually send out warnings to the local police to clear the roads. :o