Same Sex Marriages?

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! :o

What a contentious issue! What a shame that this is the first thread I've read on this forum...... :D

I have to say that as a happily "married" English gay woman I was very much looking forward to moving to Thailand with my partner in the very near future. We were assuming that the Land of Smiles would be welcoming and understanding of our same sex relationship! How wrong we appear to have been!?

For a thread on a gay sub forum there seems to be an awful lot of anti-gay feelings!

I'm a woman "married" to another woman. I love my "wife" very much. If the use of those usually heterosexual terms offends anyone, well I don't give a dam_n.

We're happy and we're not hurting anyone else. :D

Tornado and KeviN, even for the bigots that you both are (OED definition of bigot: a person who is prejudiced in their views and intolerant of the opinions of others..) if I saw you on fire at the side of the road, I'd stop, put you out and take you to a hospital because whatever you may think, I'm a caring human being who would be happy if everybody else would just get on and not make judgements about things they know nothing about.

Live and let live.

Edited by rugbyjacks

What a contentious issue! What a shame that this is the first thread I've read on this forum...... :D

I have to say that as a happily "married" English gay woman I was very much looking forward to moving to Thailand with my partner in the very near future. We were assuming that the Land of Smiles would be welcoming and understanding of our same sex relationship! How wrong we appear to have been!?

For a thread on a gay sub forum there seems to be an awful lot of anti-gay feelings!

I'm a woman "married" to another woman. I love my "wife" very much. If the use of those usually heterosexual terms offends anyone, well I don't give a dam_n.

Tornado and KeviN, even for the bigots that you both are (OED definition of bigot: a person who is prejudiced in their views and intolerant of the opinions of others..) if I saw you on fire at the side of the road, I'd stop, put you out and take you to a hospital because whatever you may think, I'm a caring human being who would be happy if everybody else would just get on and not make judgements about things they know nothing about.

Live and let live.

Well, for a Thai forum there seems to an awful lot of anti-gay feelings. Som Nam Na!

Ahhha – perhaps my expunged post was a ‘just a little too much’? Perhaps a Fairy Tale may shed some light?

Once upon a time there was a small industrial component - This small industrial component lacked a companion. Then one day another industrial component came along and they married together. The marriage of two such components came to the attention of a priest and said to them “you cannot be married this is a religious affair”.

“How odd said the industrial component why do you say that?” And of course listened to the response and realised that the priest was talking to himself – inanimate objects cannot talk. ‘Mad as a hatter the industrial component thought to itself!’ “I would leave off the mercury if I were you” said the small industrial component to the priest.

Ahhha – perhaps my expunged post was a 'just a little too much'? Perhaps a Fairy Tale may shed some light?

Actually, that one makes some sense without wandering into spritual rapist land...

It is simply a matter of your training. I will engage on this subject, I already know we are not the same. please bare with me but I will be good ];-)

Edited by pkrv

If all of the people on this planet were gay we would be extinct without scientific help.......... tell me that is not so?

How many gay animals do you see on this planet?

Now go and jump on your soap box somewhere else, you have no educated answer to this as there is none. :o

Silly goose (yes, that's one of the species!), there are over 1500 species of animals in the world that exhibit homosexual behavior. Many even exhibit not just homo-sexual behavior, but also lifelong homo-pairing!

Have a look here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15750604/

then do a google and educate yourself.

The BBC and others have done some fine documentaries (you can torrent for them, it's legal), in case you want to "see it with your own eyes".

On the other hand, animals also exhibit all sorts of promiscuous heterosexual behavior that would put your already-tight knickers in a twist, no doubt. Are you arguing we should only be doing what animals do? or are you arguing that if animals do it, it's alright? I'm a bit stymied on "what's your point?"

But at least if you have one, get the facts straight (I mean, accurate...) first! 555

Live and let live.

Hi Rugbyjacks,

Just want to let you know, when it comes to Gay relationships, Thailand is about as close to paradise you will get. The only time my husband and I have ever had heat was from visiting Aussie tourists, drunk and dissolute Brits, and an occasional swaggering American. Usually the louder they scream, they more likely they are to have a b-girl (or even a b-boy) snuggled under their arm and a wife at home.

Welcome to Thailand and stay away from the expats. They have a tendency to want to drag the worst parts of their culture along with them, and then complain that this country is forked up 'cause it's not like home. Learn Thai, make Thai friends, and live a life of happiness and integration you've only dreamed of. No, you'll never be 100% "one of them", but you'll be pretty darn close if you want to.

I am an expat, by the way.

Live and let live.

Hi Rugbyjacks,

Just want to let you know, when it comes to Gay relationships, Thailand is about as close to paradise you will get. The only time my husband and I have ever had heat was from visiting Aussie tourists, drunk and dissolute Brits, and an occasional swaggering American. Usually the louder they scream, they more likely they are to have a b-girl (or even a b-boy) snuggled under their arm and a wife at home.

Welcome to Thailand and stay away from the expats. They have a tendency to want to drag the worst parts of their culture along with them, and then complain that this country is forked up 'cause it's not like home. Learn Thai, make Thai friends, and live a life of happiness and integration you've only dreamed of. No, you'll never be 100% "one of them", but you'll be pretty darn close if you want to.

I am an expat, by the way.

I believe in the book 'To Kill A Mocking Bird' The term was 'white trash' is that correct English teachers?

Live and let live.

I am honestly just curious, are you both each others wives ?

You really must get over this preoccupation with who does what to who. Assuming that you are married or have a regular GF - is the only thing that's important about her to you her genitalia? Is she just a slab of meat with a hole in the middle? Or is your relationship based on more than shagging?

I dont buy this defective gene theory either.

Actually, I don't buy it either.

I think the straight gene is the defective one.

Look at all the problem that unregulated and irresponsible procreation causes in the world. It's the source of most of our misery - wars, disease, famine. God's way of "striking down".

This, by the way, is one of the arguments that was used AGAINST same-sex marriage in front of the California Supreme Court by the conservative right.

It goes like this:

Procreation is harmful, and can happen accidentally with straight people. That's why marriage was invented - to try to regulate it/control it/reduce the irresponsible behavior of straight people.

Since gay people can't "accidentally" or "irresponsibly" procreate, they have no need for marriage and therefore no right to it.

If you don't believe me, read the decision: http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/opinions/documents/S147999.PDF

(see page 75)

Edited by peekint

What's the likelihood of polygamy?

Now, I know some of you will go no way, that's nuts, but there is one religion that allows a man to have 4 wives. And there are sects scattered throughout the world where the men take multiple brides. I think most people whatever their sexual orientation frown on that practice. However, could one not use the same logic to promote multiple marriage partners for gays? Ok it's crazy, and I don't know what cult/sect group would do that, but I'm sure it will happen one day. For those that say one shouldn't judge, wouldn't that require a judgement, one way or the other?

Yea, I know, too much time on my hands....... :o

What's the likelihood of polygamy?

Now, I know some of you will go no way, that's nuts, but there is one religion that allows a man to have 4 wives. And there are sects scattered throughout the world where the men take multiple brides. I think most people whatever their sexual orientation frown on that practice. However, could one not use the same logic to promote multiple marriage partners for gays? Ok it's crazy, and I don't know what cult/sect group would do that, but I'm sure it will happen one day. For those that say one shouldn't judge, wouldn't that require a judgement, one way or the other?

Yea, I know, too much time on my hands....... :o

It is hard enough for me to keep one partner happy. If I had three more partners like that it would kill me. I have always maintained that the synonym for bigamist is masochist. Same with polygamists.

I was literally sleeping, and the straight moderators only removed the most obvious stuff during that time.

To restate the general policy here - Regular ThaiVisa straight posters with a non-threatening attitude (GeriatricKid is an example) are welcome to comment about what they understand about non-straight activities. But to come here as a macho stud type, insisting that God obviously designed the penis to only fit into the vagina - that guy has overlooked that he has probably had oral and anal intercourse with his girlfriend, wife or harlot, a kind of carnal knowledge with a woman that the Old Testament mentions without condemnation. Some of us have spent decades in very threatening situations, and have little patience to explain these things for the thousandth time to folks who do not really even want to hear it,.

It is not too much to expect farang in Thailand to be permissive and tolerant about gay sex.

Thanks. Now, back to the discussions.

The new Australian government has just removed all legal impediments to same sex relationships - superannuation, pensions, inheritance, etc. About 300 laws were amended. But "marriage" was not allowed.

A pretty fair result I would think.

The new Australian government has just removed all legal impediments to same sex relationships - superannuation, pensions, inheritance, etc. About 300 laws were amended. But "marriage" was not allowed.

A pretty fair result I would think.

An interesting development - and a massive step forward. I note in the UK it was also refused to allow hetrosexual relationships to use the civil partnership rules. I mean what would happen if marrage was turned on its head as people turned to a more 'equal' social standing? After all two teir is two teir and that has been the singular objective of vested interest groups for 'quite some time'.

Time to allow married couples the right to chose :D . Could be interesting as vested interests are completly and utterly rejected, I mean what would they do for their own personal pleasure if they had no one to persecute but themselves? Self flagilation :o .