News Guardians Of The Public Peace Police

Phil Conners

One of my friends just told me about 2 guys and a girl who came into her shop, presented ID for "News guardians of the public peace police", suggesting that she should take out advertizement in some publication.

They were hinting they were police but she though she smelled a rat.

Anyone heard about this organization before?

To be avoided!

Best way to get rid of them, is to say your co-investors have to approve such expenses, and if they could be so kind to give you the details of their publication such as print run, demographics of their target audience etc., so your investors can make an educated decision to go forward with advertising or not.

Be careful, they are known to use scare tactics as well...

While not familiar with this particular situation it sounds very similar to the pressure sales tactics used by off duty police & ex soldiers selling fire extinguishers. It doesn't matter how many you have they will always tell you to buy more.

You really just have to stand up to them & if they want to sit there & wait while staring at you, up to them. They can sit & stare all bluddy day as far as I am concerned. Still not buying if I don't want or need the item.

Cheers.

Soundman.

To be avoided!

Best way to get rid of them, is to say your co-investors have to approve such expenses, and if they could be so kind to give you the details of their publication such as print run, demographics of their target audience etc., so your investors can make an educated decision to go forward with advertising or not.

Be careful, they are known to use scare tactics as well...

She actually did something like that and took a photocopy of one of the guys "police ID". Looks like a complete fake. Would there be any point passing the copy off to the real cops?

One of my friends just told me about 2 guys and a girl who came into her shop, presented ID for "News guardians of the public peace police", suggesting that she should take out advertizement in some publication.

They were hinting they were police but she though she smelled a rat.

Anyone heard about this organization before?

Tell your friend to run outside the shop and blow her whistle like crazy.

Works every time :o

Naka.

Heard about them from various landlords in the lake area. Their "sales approach" is indeed similar to the fire extinguisher consultants and based on intimidation.

One landlord I know shoved a copy of the Geman Pattaya Blatt into their face, where a report on the fire extinguisher scam was published. They actually made a runner! :o