Play with kids and pets

Laze on the balcony with wine and a book

Go to the gym and work off aforementioned wine

Sneak off for a massage after kid is asleep

Meet up with Mr *Just Good Friends* for beer food and fun

Swim

Study Thai

Surf the net

(sorry OP I had to mention drinking, it's an integral part of my life)

GH......No worry, nothing wrong with drinking moderately as long as you enjoy it

As for me, I like….

reading all those English trashy romance books! :o

looking for the hole in the wall food venues offering delicious foods

doing many small home improvement projects around the house

watching home improvement shows for new ideas

looking out for a cute pair of shoes

I also like stocks trading as I monitor them daily anyway

chating with my hubby

and yep surfing the net!

(sorry OP I had to mention drinking, it's an integral part of my life)

Next time you're in this part of the woods, maybe we could meet for a drink? :o

Littl'un would be so angry if he knew I'd written that; he loved the swim date. :D

Edited by November Rain

Well, during the week I am dead boring .... but weekends - kayaking

So Kerry, what do you do during weekdays then? some boring works?

lol teacup. Work. Sometimes gym (less and less frequently). eat. Sleep. Very boring :o I do however manage to squeeze in beers with mates though .... :-)

Sitting in a quiet cafe (if alone) just reading my books; (if with pals) chatting and browsing through different kinds of magazines....

If no good book to read, browsing bookstores...

shopping (or just window shopping)

working out (atleast 3x a week)

browsing the net... recently got addicted to facebook :D

..nothing to exciting, aye?!?

:o

Cooking -- but some food tastes different here; I think too many preservatives or drugs -- painting, drawing, walking neighbours' dogs, dreaming up new escape plans. Drinking white wine and watching vids or playing on Thai fora; occasionally, beating up jerkwads on said fora. Chatting with pals and my Sis. Staying warm; it's getting cold here already, altho these stupid Canucks are still in shorts and t-shirts.

bambin A.

you're a very talented girl. :o

i thought i better let you know and i like your hobbies!!

anyway..i like watching discovery channel in my spare time..because

it's full of documentarys which i never get bored with..never!

shopping..can't be bother. :D

reading..yes! anytime..

I draw cartoons for the kids in my street and we all sit around the table outside their homes and I help them paint them in with water colours while they are trying their hardest to speak english to me. Got it to a tee now. Every time they say something in Thai I only aswer 'ugh'. So amongst huge giggles and conversation between themselves they come up with the words they want to say in English. Got them even playing hop scotch now too.

Most of the time tho' I'm making sure my dogs are fed, watered and clean and then attend to my real work which is making sure my customers parachutes are sound, secure and safe. If not, I repair them. Sometimes I get a customer who needs to be taught how to pack his own chute, so life is busy.

Go on TV to find out what is going on around here and talk to my daughter on Messenger.

After that, I help my husband with translations for his customers and attend to my plants. Smoke cigarettes like there's no tomorrow and drink beer to relax sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...

I live the retired life, which means I get to do whatever I jolly well please, whenever I please.

I run a Sims 2 website and forum. I create custom content for the Sims 2, and build fully furnished and decorated Sims 2 houses. Unlike other builders, I do not use actual floorplans but create my own. I specialize in Cape Cod and Victorian style homes. I chat online with other Sims 2 creators, particularly my sister.

I surf the net and read the news and keep up on politics. I chat with friends and family, often using video chat. I play Civ 4. I read science fiction, do cross-stitch, and sew. I cook and bake, but not too often because it heats up the house. I work on getting the perfect recipe for garlic dill pickles. I eat out with friends. Sometimes I get a Thai massage or a manicure. I very rarely shop, only when I need something.

What spare time?

This is a problem I don't have any spare time.

So if I had spare time I would:

do some DIY on the house - love knocking things down, building things, painting things etc.

go horseback riding, haven't been on a horse for toooo long

read many many books

visit friends abroad (the ones that live in the nicest places)

do more gardening

learn a new language

visit National Parks

take a road trip of Thailand to all the provinces I have never been to

learn how to invest properly and make more money so I could retire and get to do all these things

then of course after that I would have turned online investing into a fulltime career and be back to square one; such is life.

• 6 months later...

I see this is an older topic,

Though it's nice to know what everybody does here in Thailand!

For me, besides my bookshop I help out my husband in the bar at night, teach the children in our neighbourhood some English, help backpackers that come to our part of the Island with whatever they need.

Play for mss. DJ a few nights a week, study Thai, read books, try to quit smoking [well yeah...] do some mountainbiking, swimming and running in the early morning.

Ice skating, used to do it a lot in the UK but now skate a couple of times a month at the Imperial World skating rink at Bang Na

and trying to learn golf aswell, not getting very far though!

Apart from that just the usual: swimming, surfing the net (etc)

Looking for lovely birds and finding out their names etc. There is a nice thread on birds in your garden but I can't find it again :o

Also walking, reading, talking to friends on MSN, and most recently travelling on my new trike :D