Where To Buy Thai Food Etc In Uk

cuddleypete

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW OFF ALL THE PLACES IN THE UK YOU CAN BUY THAI FOOD SO PEOPLE CAN LOOK HERE TO FIND A THAI SHOP NEAR THEM ,SO WHEN THERE THAI WIFE G/F B/F ETC ARE IN THE UK IT WILL HELP THEM.

HERE ARE A FEW WE USE

Talad Thai Restaurant & Supermarket

320 Upper Richmond Road,

Putney,

London SW15 6TL,

Wing Yip, Purley Way, Croydon.

SEEWOO

Furlong House

Horn Lane

Greenwich

London SE10

SEEWOO

CHINA TOWN

18-20 Lisle Street

London WC2H 7BE

Hoo Hing in Mitcham.

AND THERE IS ONE IN CANTERBURY KENT CANNOT REMEMBER NAME

Edited by cuddleypete

• 2 weeks later...

art maoy (sp?)

hogarth road

earls court

most of the Thais I know in London shop here. Also buy thai gold, money transfers to thailand and thai magazines/video rentals.

It was featured on Thai TV a few years ago. Anty Maoy is a pretty cool gal also.

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW OFF ALL THE PLACES IN THE UK YOU CAN BUY THAI FOOD SO PEOPLE CAN LOOK HERE TO FIND A THAI SHOP NEAR THEM ,SO WHEN THERE THAI WIFE G/F B/F ETC ARE IN THE UK IT WILL HELP THEM.

HERE ARE A FEW WE USE

Talad Thai Restaurant & Supermarket

320 Upper Richmond Road,

Putney,

London SW15 6TL,

Wing Yip, Purley Way, Croydon.

SEEWOO

Furlong House

Horn Lane

Greenwich

London SE10

SEEWOO

CHINA TOWN

18-20 Lisle Street

London WC2H 7BE

Hoo Hing in Mitcham.

AND THERE IS ONE IN CANTERBURY KENT CANNOT REMEMBER NAME

Please dont type in capitals. This is the same as shouting on the internet. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

We use the one in enfield north london...aroi mak....good deals on 20 kilo bags of Thai fragrant..... :o

http://www.hoohing.com/

Hoo Hing is an importer and wholesaler of oriental food products. We supply the whole of the UK whether they be wholesalers buying in bulk, caterers stocking their restaurants or families purchasing their weekly groceries.

.....also the Tottenham branch of Fung Fung..

http://64.71.179.232/content.do/welcome

Bit of a speal...free calendar at Christmas.....

Since 1965, they have supplied Chinese and other oriental foods to retail and cash and carry customers in London.

Whether you are making a simple bowl of noodles or whether you are catering for a traditional ten course banquet, our extensive range provides you with the opportunity to create your own authentic Chinese and oriental recipes using our quality ingredients.

Come and discover our products, visit our stores and find out why Loon Fung is … for the Chinese in you!

http://www.wingyip.com/

They are actually Chinese, but the store in Manchester at least as Thai ingredients and Beer. Also stuff from all aover the Far East.

Also I was recently talking to I Thai girl, who was at a family wedding. She was from the other sides family. Turned out she lives not too far from where I used to. She lives in Leeds, so I asked her where she did her shopping. She said there was a new market Chinese supermarket in Leeds out of the centre. Sorry no more details on that one.

Edited by Mosha

Hi

I live in NE of England near Newcastle - does any one know wher I can buy Thai Basil in this area - have tried all the supermarkets and Stowell Street in Newcastle - just find Thai Basil adds that extra something! If Thai basil not available in England any suggestions for a substitute to get a similar flavour? Thanks

Hi

I live in NE of England near Newcastle - does any one know wher I can buy Thai Basil in this area - have tried all the supermarkets and Stowell Street in Newcastle - just find Thai Basil adds that extra something! If Thai basil not available in England any suggestions for a substitute to get a similar flavour? Thanks

Try emailing these.

thai_foodie at lamaithaicooking dot co dot uk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi

I live in Newcastle, there are 2 chinese supermarkets that I know of: 1 in Stowell Street which you know about. The other is opposite Haymarket on Percy Street called Tsang Foods 87-89 Percy Street, me and my missus go there every couple of weeks. You'll find many thai ingredients there. :o

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's quite an enclave of Thais around Earl's Court Road tube station (only place I've seen a genuine ladyboy outside LOS). Down Hogarth Road is a shop selling Thai groceries etc., even a Thai taxi service advertised in the window.

Hoo Hing chinese supermarket on the North Circular Road just north of Hanger Lane. Also has a cheap restaurant on top serving duck and pork noodles etc. :D

Mmmmmm.... might take a walk over there someday :o

Edited by phaethon

There's quite an enclave of Thais around Earl's Court Road tube station (only place I've seen a genuine ladyboy outside LOS). Down Hogarth Road is a shop selling Thai groceries etc., even a Thai taxi service advertised in the window.

Forgot about that one. My friend(Thai) came to London a few years back to see her boyfriend. She found this place. Paid 10 quid for a small bottle of Sangsom :o:D But at least you can get most Thai ingredients there. :D