China/taiwan Jobs(korea)?

h5n1

Anyone have any good information on how/where to obtain jobs in China and Taiwan (davesesl.com) I have not been there in years, but I recall other boards as well.

Has teaching in Korea (I should say living) got any better? I was there for 9mos and then 3mos and pretty much hated it. Xenophobia, Foreigner bashing, Ouslander type nonsense. I saw on BBC how Koreans are really starting to travel.

Are any of these sites of any value or are they just adverts and sharks. Thanks.

I recently completed a contract in Korea and I enjoyed my time there. My wife (Thai) and 3 year old son were with me and we did not experience any problems, the people were very friendly and several of my students took us out for dinner, sightseeing etc. on weekends.

I worked for a relatively big organisation in Seoul, I believe most of the "horror stories" involve small businesses outside of Seoul. I was lucky because I worked 1:1 with Korean adults and the majority of the work was helping them improve their conversation skills and pronunciation. They are very keen to learn because they pay alot to have 1:1 sessions with native speakers. I am back in Thailand due to family commitments but I wish there were similar opportunities here. However, the pay would never match what I earned and saved in Seoul.

We spent six months in Taiwan in 2004 and it was a very different story. The people there were blatantly unpleasant to my wife and the students lacked motivation, though they were high school age rather than adults.