Gone Fishin'

Ungabunga

Back in the UK I used to love going fishing, in particular fly fishing. I've been to some of the fishing lakes around here and whilst they are fun, I'm just getting a little tired of them. It's also becoming progressively harder to cast the line out after 10 bottles of Chang.

Does anyone know of;

1. any places you can go fly fishing in or around the eastern seaboard?

2. any good sea fishing places, or boat trips / sea-angling clubs?

I don't mind travelling a bit and making a day/weekend of it.

Cheers.

Edited by Ungabunga

Back in the UK I used to love going fishing, in particular fly fishing. I've been to some of the fishing lakes around here and whilst they are fun, I'm just getting a little tired of them. It's also becoming progressively harder to cast the line out after 10 bottles of Chang.

Does anyone know of;

Cheers.

Tropical Berts 2nd road does sea fishing out of Bang Saray

begs

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know of;

Cheers.

Tropical Berts 2nd road does sea fishing out of Bang Saray

begs

Try here , http://www.jimmysfishingpark.com .

...now is there anyhing for freshwater fishing that is NOT a commercial fishing park? i.e. a river, lake od whatever with fish where you can just go and fish? Any laws to consider?

One fishing in Thailand experience we have loved was over in the Andaman Sea, maybe possible here. We went out just before sunset with some Thai friends on their longtail boat. We used hand lines to gig squid.

It was fabulous and successful.

kdf

The Thistle bar on soi post office have a fishing/boat trip on Wednesdays that is a good day out. Its still 500 baht per couple I think. Food included. They fish for a bit and serve up the catch for lunch as part of a buffet. I've been on a couple earlier in the year and they went to different islands each time. There’s one (I'm sure loads on here know) full of monkeys who wait on the beach as a boat comes near. I stood on one of those black spikey bstrds that are in the shallows. Having 2 Thai maidens tend to the sting with beer bottles really took the ....err...sting out of it. Maybe not for the hardcore fishermen but a top day nonetheless.