Why Slag Farang Girls?

Mr Helper

Since I have been coming to this site, which is longer than nearly all of you (look at my member No.), there is one subject when mentioned, brings with it a barrage of abuse. 'Farang Girls'. Why is it most posters here are totally against them, and most people seem to slag them off. I imagine the ones who continually slag them are the ones who could never make it with them.

Don't get me wrong Thai girls are obviously pretty, but so are many farang girls. Check this out and see what you are missing :-

http://www.linekers.co.uk/customer.asp

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon it's simply like this:

This is a Thai expats forum. An almost universal common denominator amongst us is that we prefer Thai women to farang women. If we preferred farang women we'd be in farangland.

Many of us had relationships with farang women before coming to Thailand. These relationships didn't work out. Maybe the fault was ours and we are sad losers who can't hold down a healthy relationship with a farang woman. Maybe the fault was theirs and we are embittered. Maybe there was no fault as such but we've lost the interest in farangs and Thai girls (rightly or wrongly) seem more appealling.

It is one thing to prefer Thai women to farang women - that's personal taste and we're all entitled to that; it is another thing to slag off farang women and it does smack of immaturity, but it also tends to be the result of prior experience.

I took a look at the 'linekers' link and...........

First allow me to say that I am, in terms of years almost past my "use by date", don't have a lot of hair on my head, somewhat overweight and would not rate a second glance from some of the chicks shown on the link.

BUT, then again I would not give many or these same girls a second look either, particularly if there were a few Thai girls in the room.

For me it is a matter of personal taste and my tastes lie with asian woman.

Despite all the uncertainties one might encounter with an asian I will continue to take the risks associated with the territory.

And when talking of 'taste' well, that is another matter entirely :o

'Farang Girls'. Why is it most posters here are totally against them, and most people seem to slag them off.

Where is the "slagging off" ? I see a fair bit of disinterest in farang girls and preference for Thai girls, but what do you expect on a Thailand forum ... a heap of farangs saying how much they miss the girls they left behind ?

I imagine the ones who continually slag them are the ones who could never make it with them.
<deleted>! You need to pull your head out of your arse!
Don't get me wrong Thai girls are obviously pretty, but so are many farang girls. Check this out and see what you are missing :-

The two blondes in the top left corner are quite attractive, and if I'd met them in a Blackpool bar when I was their age I would most likely have tried to get one or both into bed ... but ... I would have jumped over them like a kangaroo to get at a couple of attractive black/brown/oriental girls. That's where I'm at.

The two blondes in the top left corner are quite attractive, and if I'd met them in a Blackpool bar when I was their age I would most likely have tried to get one or both into bed

These girls look good now, but in 5 years take a look at them. There is a good chance they would be using 3/4 of the bed and you will be hanging on the edge with no covers. :o

I had a somewhat interesting experience at a crosscultural conference on Saturday. The scope of the meeting was for us Westerners to gain some insight into Thai culture, behavior, etc via three Thai ajarns. The Western women in attendance had a list of complaints in regards to Thai society and how they, as Western women are made to feel invisible, aren't liked by Thai women, can't find decent men, are hassled by Thai men, etc. (the biggest complaint by the men was getting fined for dropping a cigarette on the street!) At the lunch I was asked repeatedly by one of the women why I lived in Thailand. Maybe I should've said "sex" because every other answer wasn't good enough. In a way I feel sad for Western women that are having a hard time here. But I did too when I first arrived (I learned to appreciate "difference"). I see alot of Western women going to the extremes of ridiculous mating behavior to get attention from men here and I don't see alot of takers. How can a man who lives here and is happy with a Thai woman explain this to a Western woman? It's as though they think we're insane for being attracted to a woman who (generally) doesn't shout, bully, or force opnions and complaints. It's a hard road for a Western woman--maybe that sounds belittling I don't know.

I have an assistant who is one of the best-looking and sweetest European women I have ever met. Yet, along with all the other farangs who meet her, and have Thai g/f / wives, we treat her as a friend, not a potential sex partner. She does not complain, she gets on with her own life.

Regrettably, she'll go back to berlin soon, and I'll have a Thai secretary instead, and my wife is sharpening the kitchen knives already.

I had a somewhat interesting experience at a crosscultural conference on Saturday. The scope of the meeting was for us Westerners to gain some insight into Thai culture, behavior, etc via three Thai ajarns. The Western women in attendance had a list of complaints in regards to Thai society and how they, as Western women are made to feel invisible, aren't liked by Thai women, can't find decent men, are hassled by Thai men, etc. (the biggest complaint by the men was getting fined for dropping a cigarette on the street!) At the lunch I was asked repeatedly by one of the women why I lived in Thailand. Maybe I should've said "sex" because every other answer wasn't good enough. In a way I feel sad for Western women that are having a hard time here. But I did too when I first arrived (I learned to appreciate "difference"). I see alot of Western women going to the extremes of ridiculous mating behavior to get attention from men here and I don't see alot of takers. How can a man who lives here and is happy with a Thai woman explain this to a Western woman? It's as though they think we're insane for being attracted to a woman who (generally) doesn't shout, bully, or force opnions and complaints. It's a hard road for a Western woman--maybe that sounds belittling I don't know.

frond,

Very well said and I overwhelmingly concur.

In addition, I would like to add one of my favorite sayings," Men are pigs."

Actually I can't claim credit for these words of wisdom. Some Jewish chick I was dating in med school used to say it all the time.

I of course wasn't included being the "shagadelic international man of mystery"

"Yeah baby" Keep 'um guessing.

Let's see what's the point.

After starting out with kids stuff in the US, preffered Italian or Puerto Rican girls. I graduated to SEA with the US military I have shagged my way through Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Philipines, Japan.

Later post graduate research Lived in Puerto Rico and Brazil for two years in each place. I think :D

I have lived 30 minutes from Mexico for 20 years Aye Caliente'

Well having said all that no offense to the men out there who aren't pigs?

And white chicks been there done that, yawn.

Five years ago I married an angel from Bangkok, my good buddy from Englands sister in-law.

At 47 I was showing no signs of slowing down and was starting to scare myself.

"Yeah baby"

So now I have a beautiful Thai girl 20 years my junior who never busts my chops. Never. Life is good.

I did try to get them all but I couldn't. I did try though, really but they just keep making more of them. :o:D:D

White girls, that's kids stuff :D

I looked at that site, all i can see is dyed haired, too much make up, drunk, large girls. I married an English girl once, had lots of English Gf's, i Married a French girl also, who was beautiful, but natural

Then i look at my Thai Gf, who at 27 is probably 5 or 6 or 7 years older than these girls in the pics and i think i am not exactly missing out on much.

Here is 27 years old, no make up, 40Kgs, no drinking or Smoking, no nagging or moaning......

http://www.thaivisa.com/albums/Begs_Album/DSCF3200.sized.jpg

Am i 'Missing out'? I don't think so.

A few weeks ago I was driving somewhere around Rama 9, with my girlfriend in the passenger seat. We came to a set of traffic lights, they turned green, yet the car in front spent another minute deciding whether to turn or go straight on.

I started gettting frustrated, was about to let rip on the horn, when my girlfriend stopped me and said "Jai yen yen - It's a woman driving!"

I love this country :o

I dont see too many people "slagging off" farang girls here (maybe one or two notable exceptions).

What i see is the farang girl isnt the "prized catch" she thought she was back in farangland, and maybe its that complete reversal in male attitude towards her that makes people think shes being slagged off? Shes lost the power she had back on her native soil and finds it difficult to compete with the Asian girls we have become acustomed to.

Back in blighty, my homeland, it wasnt exactly unusual for a size 14 girl with a face like a bag o spanners to tell you to "<deleted> off" when you tried to talk to her, she held the power to send us away with our tails between our legs and then laugh about it with her mates. That very same girl here wouldnt even get a second look.

My point (although poorly delivered) is i dont see slagging off, i see a role-reversal that farang women have difficulty coming to terms with.

n.b. Ok there are some loosers that do slag off farang girls, but i think overall they are the minority, not the majority.

Flame away! :o

I am a falang girl living in Bangkok with my husband and child.

I can honestly put my hand on my heart and say i have never once been "slagged off" by any thai girl/lady or men be them thai or falang.

95% of my friends here are Thai, and i have much respect for them all as they do for me.

The girls are great and most are beautiful and they are just doing there job, so if falang girls can't cope with the women or men then sod off back!

I can't blame any man wanting a Thai lady over a falang (present comoany accepted!)

It all boils down to JELOUSY, thats what falang girls are very very good at!!!

Angie

Some of the farang girls I've met in Thailand have become good friends and equals in the partying scene. They like their drink just as much as us.

Most of the farang girls I've met have been the most opened minded and informed people on Thailand and it's culture.

Any girl is good for me, if I'm lucky.

I hardly ever feel any aversions or slagging by farang men here in thailand (well, apart from some on this forum, but not in real life) and I still get hit on by them, not that I'm looking for that :o:D

but the 'change in taste' works both ways, having been with a thai man for some years I don't find western man very attractive anymore. maybe it's because of the lack of handsome single farang men here? but give me a handsome asian and a handsome western man - I would take the asian any time. but then again that's physical attributes. for the character I wouldn't generalize as you guys do.

for the women I must say that I find thai women on average looking neater than most farang women. just my view :D

Personally I tend to go out of my way when communicationg with caucasian woman so as not impinge on their sensitivies.

i.e. I don't go out of my way to hurt anyones feelings as after all every one is human (some more or less human than others though :D )

But someone (a girl) once told me 'why go out to eat hamburgers when you can have steak at home'

How can you even begin to compare a caucasian woman with the girl (wife or GF) that 'beqs posted.

It's 'like chalk and cheese' or trying to compare the taste of <deleted> or honey when they are in your mouth.

There ain't no comparison. Full stop :o