O Visa From Perth

Im thinking of heading to Perth in Dec to get an O visa. Do I just need the marriage cert or will they want income details? (note I am British citizen).

The following is from the pinned section

"Note: a 12 month validity, multi entry non-immigrant visa may also be obtained from some Royal Thai embassies outside your home country if you can provide evidence of your marriage to a Thai citizen (marriage certificate)."

Any info about Perth and the consulate welcome.

Thanks

Im thinking of heading to Perth in Dec to get an O visa. Do I just need the marriage cert or will they want income details? (note I am British citizen).

The following is from the pinned section

"Note: a 12 month validity, multi entry non-immigrant visa may also be obtained from some Royal Thai embassies outside your home country if you can provide evidence of your marriage to a Thai citizen (marriage certificate)."

Any info about Perth and the consulate welcome.

Thanks

Play it safe and take a copy of your marriage certificate.

It is always good to take extra documentation with you when you go to apply for a non O.

At a minimum I would take :

Marriage certificate (Original)

Copy of wife's ID card

Copy of her page in house registration book

Birth cert for any children you may have

You can always take too many documents but not having enough will cause headaches!

Badbanker

Edited by Badbanker

I've had an email response from Perth (below) together with the relevant application forms.

"If you bring with you when applying for your visa a copy of your Marriage

Certificate, copy of your wife's passport or ID Card (signed), 1 passport

size photo and your passport and ticket we should be able to process the

application."

However now I read in another post that I may be able to get a new o visa in Penang?? If so then thats a lot easier than Perth...

I was in Perth last week doing non-immigrant visas for myself and daughter and it was unbelievably easy, while my husband is in Sydney reapplied for his non-immi O where he told me was also extremely easy to do and get. Not sure if our experience will be of any help to you but just incase it may help you or anyone else who may be in a similar situation as ourselves, here is our experience with the Perth office.

Just so you know; my husband, daughter and myself are australian, born & married in Australia but our daughter was born in Thailand.

As I was applying for an Education visa for my 3 and half yo daughter, she now has her own Non-Immigrant "ED" multiple entry visa, while as her parent/legal guardian I was granted a Non-Immigrant "O" multiple entry. The only paperwork required was:

• a letter from her school requesting an education visa for my daughter be issued
  • copy of her thai birth certificate (she was born in Bangkok, but is an australian citizen and aus passport holder)
  • copy of my marriage certificate as my daughter has her fathers surname. Don't know if that was actually required but I showed it to them anyway.
  • copy of passports

I was not required or asked to show any other documents (proof of income, bank accounts, house papers, etc) and both visas were ready within 2 days. Not sure if the fact that I'd applied for an education visa for my daughter or whether I've had non-immigrant O visas since 2001 had any bearing on the fact that I wasn't required to show any other additional documentation but it was definitely less stressful and easy than I originally anticipated.

In Sydney, the letter from our daughters school, copy of her birth certificate, copy of her passport and our australian marriage certificate was the only documentation that he showed before he was issued with a Non-Immigrant "O" multiple entry visa without any need of proof of income, house papers, etc.

Luckily for my husband, I had enclosed all that information with my daughters letter just on the off chance it was required (which it was :o ) otherwise he would've had to show a copy of our house papers (would have been a real pain in the asss as it was back in Thailand, and he'd have to wait until i got back home here and I could post it out to him) as sufficient documentation to apply for his visa.

Good Luck

Thai Consulate in Perth used to only open Tuesdays & Thursday mornings - double check office hours.

They still are, and only from 9am-12pm

Royal Thai Consulate

Visa Section

Level 8, The Victoria

14 Victoria Avenue Perth 6000

(+61) 08 92213237