Yes I Know, I Know..

....that this has proberly been asked a multitude of times but :

To successfully live in thailand are the only jobs with enough money to let you live an average life those being in I.T or in teaching english?

I am not interested in teaching as my english is diabolicole(<as you can see my spelling is too) and i do not wish to make any thai's vocabulary in english this bad either :o:D

So are any of the people on here sucessfully living in Thailand doing something other then these jobs mentioned above?

Of course there are. There are thousands and thousands of foreigners working in Thailand who are neither the IT or teaching fields. Lawyers, bankers, journalists, chefs, diplomats, administrators, managers, clergy, entrepreneurs...use your imagination!

Kitty:

The trick is to tell us what you are good at - not what you're not good at. Then ask us if you can either do that job, or something similar. We may then be in a better position to advise you.

My suggestion to you (and anyone else who has this question), think of 5 jobs you CAN do, then write them down in a list, and say "can anyone out there tell me if I'm allowed to do any of these jobs in Thailand, and, if so, where do I go to find out information about them?"

IME, you're far more likely to get nice positive responses than simply saying "I don't want to be a teacher, but I want to live in Thailand - how?"

Failing which, one job Pvt. Dick left off his list was "housewife".

Regards

SM

housewife? hmmm..think i need a husband for that one :D

Ok apologises for not stating what i can do.

I worked in the travel industry for 6 years as a stewardess,and am now working as a receptionist/office administrator . So the only thing i have a great skill in is customer service and tourist/travel industry. :o

Kitty:

Have you done Hotel Management as a training course? Have you looked into the possibility of working in a hotel in Thailand? Do these not appeal to you?

Do you know anything about ABACUS, etc. online booking. All the major players in the hotel/tourism industry are here.

But, you do need to do a little research. Job placements at the big hotels/tourism industry here are doable - if that's what you want.

And, you may even find that teaching English in a hotel for a short time opens up the door to another opportunity when the management can see how good you are at what you do and what else you know...

SM

I have thought about this before but i was a little wary as i do not speak thai and i thought this could cause problems,particulary on making a phone booking if the customer was thai.

But, it is my best option. I use an online booking system everyday through insite, so that would not be a problem, its funny actually because i heard of a job going while i was on koh phangan in a new spa hotel called Drop in, the money was double that of a bar worker and you got accomodation too.

Thanks for your help sumitr man :o

^Kitty:

Don't worry too much if you don't speak Thai. If you use that as your criteria, you'll be looking for a long time. In any event, you'll not be employed to talk to Thais.

1 piece of advice though, stay away from those t***-s***e lot!

SM

:o stay away from those what?

I'll leave it for you to work out.

In the meantime, make sure you have some fun. Because if you're not enjoying it, Thailand can be a nasty place to live.

:D

SM

cant u pm what its meant to say? :o

i know thailand can have its down sides, i spent my last two weeks there in a mini ######,but i know i could have experienced that anywhere.

As discussing on general forum i think until i find a good job out there i'll just holiday there twice a year. :D