Pm Block List

elkangorito

I've just noticed the "PM block list" feature in my control panel. When I opened it, the names of 2 members appeared. I'm guessing I did the right thing by deleting the names because I don't wish to block them.

mods - possibly a flaw in the PM block lists.

I sent a few PM's to a member I know but noticed they were going unread. I assumed I had been added to their PM block list, hopefully unintentionally............but probably intentionally. :o:D

Hmmm... out of curiosity, checked mine and found I had 5 people on it... none of which I had intentionally selected... and coincidentally almost all of the 5 were from my "Friend's List"..... did the two somehow get un-intentionally linked?? :o

:D this is a bit worrying.

We do NOT block members PM contacts, or do any other changes in members accounts.

If you look at your Inbox, there are links for Message Date, Sender, Date but also a link for "Block sender". Some of you guys must have unintentionally clicked that "Block sender" link.

Hope this helps.

We do NOT block members PM contacts, or do any other changes in members accounts.

If you look at your Inbox, there are links for Message Date, Sender, Date but also a link for "Block sender". Some of you guys must have unintentionally clicked that "Block sender" link.

Hope this helps.

yip, it's possibly too easy to unintentionally block members.

eg I just had a look in my inbox and if I look at any PM, I'll find the title, the member's name then right next to that ''block''.

if someones not paying attention or had one too many....

tbh looking at the problems it could cause, I think it's an unneccessary tool. just my opinion of course. :o

In no way have I blocked anybody unintentionally. I am absolutely sure about this. The 2 people on my list (who have now been unblocked) haven't sent PM's to me for ages. I think there may be a glitch somewhere.

Actually, there is another problem as well.

I notice that the thread "Thai Domestic Electrical Work" indicates that I last posted today (see attached pic).

But when you open the thread & go to the post, it says something different (see attached pic).

Edited by elkangorito

In no way have I blocked anybody unintentionally. I am absolutely sure about this. The 2 people on my list (who have now been unblocked) haven't sent PM's to me for ages. I think there may be a glitch somewhere.

well, sriracha john said he found 5 on his list, none of which he intentionally selected so, mods, maybe there is a problem.

Just check mine for the very first time on Thai Visa, the Block List that is (and have been a member for just over 4 years) and found that I have not blocked anyone, which is correct as I have not.

Hope this helps.

Kan Win :o

well, sriracha john said he found 5 on his list, none of which he intentionally selected so, mods, maybe there is a problem.

3 of the 5 I have never PM'd, thus precluding an errant clicking somewhere during the process of PM'ing.

I'd urge all members to verify their Blocked List.

Edited by sriracha john

3 of the 5 I have never PM'd, thus precluding an errant clicking somewhere during the process of PM'ing.

S J, i am digging into this and can't find any software issues, or any reports on Invisionboard's support forums. We are using the standard PM setup, without any modifications in that software section. What comes to mind is just an idea of what could have happened (might be a software bug in that case):

If a member puts another member on their "post ignore list" it might affect the "PM block list" as well? Can you guys check your "Post Ignore lists" and tell me if my suggestion is valid?

Your "Post ignore list" is located here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?ac...amp;CODE=ignore

Please let me know. :o

me too.

I've checked my PM block list and ignored users and they are both empty but - given sriracha's and elkangorito's scenarios - it's worth a check.

Edited by game4shame

Checked my Ignore Post list, but it was empty, so not sure if there is connection between the two, but there definitely was a connection between PM Blocked List and the Friends List as 4 of the 5 were from that list.

Just a quirk somewhere along the line, I suppose. Those software programmers can be a quirky lot.

*Edit*

or as you say:

(might be a software bug in that case)

Those software programmers can be a buggy lot.

*Edit II*

The checking of the Ignore Post list DID occur AFTER I had already removed those from my Blocked PM list, if that plays any role.

Edited by sriracha john

I checked my PM block list. The one person who was listed (also on my friends list) is somebody that I regularly receive PM's from. I did not add this person to my PM block list. In any event, since the PM's have not been blocked, it would appear that the blocking mechanism doesn't work correctly.

I have never put anyone on my PM block list.

Yet have a look at it.

Being a mod, the last two people I would block would be George and the Doc.

Something strange has happened there...

It's the latest artificial intelligence aspect of computing.

It's reading our true subconscious, Freudian desires.

*just kidding* :o

-----------------------------------------------------------------

It is, indeed, strange and I would repeat my advice to all members to check their Blocked PM List to verify it.

• 2 weeks later...

A little digging and experimenting has led me to conclude that these are not actually blocked members but allowed members who have permission to send messages to you. Why they are listed on the blocked list is apparently poor labelling on the part of the software vendor, why your entire friends list (which theoretically all have to same privileges) isn't there is another matter.