Isuzu Dmax 3l Auto

thai4u

O-kay...

THE selling point / strong point / raeson d'etre for the Isuzu truck is fuel economy, and reliability. But especially fuel economy. IF this widget, a rubber tube, costing around 1000 baht cost price (if that) which represents about 0.20% of the price of the vehicle (if that), WOULD IN FACT HAVE, the advertised FIFTEEN TO THIRTY (!!!), percent, improvement on FUEL ECONOMY, which again is _THE_ reason why people buy Isuzu trucks, IF THAT WERE THE CASE

THEN

do you suppose Isuzu would just fit it in the factory? Or?

Edited by Sanpatong

:o ok ok I got the idea.. the customer at the shop was really thrilled to get it in belief that he is going to save a lot of money and its worth it.

NOW,

to the original question:

Isuzu Dmax 3l Auto

2004 i-tec engine.

Low version space-cab.

what is the fuel consumption?

:o ok ok I got the idea.. the customer at the shop was really thrilled to get it in belief that he is going to save a lot of money and its worth it.

NOW,

to the original question:

Isuzu Dmax 3l Auto

2004 i-tec engine.

Low version space-cab.

what is the fuel consumption?

I'd guess that with the 3.0 liter and automatic you will be lucky to get 13 kilometers per liter IF you don't have a lead foot.

does somebody knows about ways/tools/kits that can kiwer the gas consumption in this kind of car?

Also -what car parts/treatment/clean need to be done to the car parts for keep the gas consumption optimal?

Sorry, there are no magic potions or effective gimmicks. You can be sure that any manufacturer would give millions to gain a big economy advantage over the competition. You can surf the Internet and find thousands of items that will increase your fuel economy. Pills, magnets and all sorts of other things will only separate you from your money. The already suggested block of wood behind the accelerator pedal is the best most effective way to stretch your fuel.

Sorry, there are no magic potions or effective gimmicks. You can be sure that any manufacturer would give millions to gain a big economy advantage over the competition. You can surf the Internet and find thousands of items that will increase your fuel economy. Pills, magnets and all sorts of other things will only separate you from your money. The already suggested block of wood behind the accelerator pedal is the best most effective way to stretch your fuel.
ok no need to be angry.. :o

I thought same have chips to accelerate the engine power have the opposite to increase fuel economy.. thats all .

thank you anyway .

you didnt help at all and I think you're wrong.

Thai4u, Gary is giving you very good advice. You seem to have a preoccupation with "tone". I think that you are being too serious about being serious. If you think his tone is "angry", you won't want to read any of my engineering reports, which lack any tone & most people misunderstand as being "angry". Gary was stating "fact". Relax!

Actually I find it amusing that some people really believe that the $29.95 or $39.95 miracle fuel stretchers will give them huge gains in fuel economy. I have a farang friend who is always trying all sorts of things. He had a 4X4 Toyota and always complained about the truck eating diesel. The last gimmick was a water moisture injector. It was a little water container that mounts near the radiator to keep the water hot. A vacuum line attaches to the top of the container and the air inlet is below the water. Moisturized air is drawn out of the container into the manifold and does wonderful things to the fuel mixture. :o After he made a long trip I asked him how his truck was doing on fuel. He told me that the miracle device made it idle rough so he had to take it off.

He did find a solution, he bought a new 4X4 Isuzu. He says it is much better. He did put the magnetic device on the Isuzu. The magnets were another gimmick. I asked him if it was doing any good and his answer was that it wasn't hurting anything and he uses it because he didn't want to waste the money.

Actually I find it amusing that some people really believe that the $29.95 or $39.95 miracle fuel stretchers will give them huge gains in fuel economy. I have a farang friend who is always trying all sorts of things. He had a 4X4 Toyota and always complained about the truck eating diesel. The last gimmick was a water moisture injector. It was a little water container that mounts near the radiator to keep the water hot. A vacuum line attaches to the top of the container and the air inlet is below the water. Moisturized air is drawn out of the container into the manifold and does wonderful things to the fuel mixture. :o After he made a long trip I asked him how his truck was doing on fuel. He told me that the miracle device made it idle rough so he had to take it off.

He did find a solution, he bought a new 4X4 Isuzu. He says it is much better. He did put the magnetic device on the Isuzu. The magnets were another gimmick. I asked him if it was doing any good and his answer was that it wasn't hurting anything and he uses it because he didn't want to waste the money.

Years ago, a mate of my'n "water injected" his old HK Holden (for those Aussies out there, a 186 red motor) with some good results.

Essentially, the vehicle displayed a slight increase in performance without changing the fuel economy. After 6 months of using this, we ripped off the head & block to see if this water injection had an affect on the pistons/valves etc. Surprisingly, they where as clean as a whistle.

Nonetheless, water injection on modern computerised cars, is superfluous.

thank gary .. sorry for the misunderstanding .. :o

So where is the air filter one of you suggest to keep clean?

the car had been serviced just few days ago (change oil engine/transmittion,change brakes,oil brakes also..).

its a new second hand car for me so I try to make this car in the most optimal condition as I can..though the car drives good and no speciel problems.. the nly problem is that I am so pedant.. :D)

another question..it is the 2*4 version. what would you suggest to do ?

keep it low and change to MAG wheels

OR

make it higher :2 options:

Option 1: in "banok" garage stretch the springs little higher and behind to change to be bigger also (I dont remember how to call this part but on this version its small and can change it to be bigger/longer its a steel part.

Option 2: change for less then 3000 baht for set to install with the springers to make higher?

I've got a 2007 Highlander 2WD 3.0L auto and I'm set up for the first 5k service any day now.

My around town, Pattaya, fuel economy has improved from around 7 to 8.5 or so. On a run to Rayong and back yesterday (150km), with some heavy driving at times, I was surprised to see 11.5 on the computer. I guess I could have gotten 12 if I had driven more slowly !

I had expected about 10 around town and 12+ on a run so I am disappointed but it is getting better. I will see what happens after the first service and report back.

Had my Dmax 3L Auto 5 years now it has 81000 km on it and has averaged 9.218 litres per 100km, 10.8 km per liter or 31 miles to the imperial gallon. Total running costs including ALL expenses has been 3.4 Baht per km. I keep accurate records.

Question: Anyone had to do a front brake pad replacement yet if so at what mileage?

Fuel made up 1.94 Baht per Km. Dont forget diesel was only 14 Baht 5 years ago and I see where I bought it at 13.04 at one time in 2003. At todays rates my running costs would be 3.99 total and 2.52 for fuel.

Though I'v been here for a number of years your quote about diesel at Bt13/14 5 years ago is striking. I've only had transport for about 6 months so I didn't know the prices before that. I do know that the gap between petrol and diesel has closed by over 50% and its now in the late 20's, roughly a 100% increase from the figures you quote back in 2003.

Though I'v been here for a number of years your quote about diesel at Bt13/14 5 years ago is striking. I've only had transport for about 6 months so I didn't know the prices before that. I do know that the gap between petrol and diesel has closed by over 50% and its now in the late 20's, roughly a 100% increase from the figures you quote back in 2003.

Yes but remember the Thai Government subsidised "dieselene" by around 5 to 7 Baht up until about 3 years ago.