Probably not.

Actually, I'd say she has a good chance from our friends in Hull on the grounds of 'visiting friends and family', certainly worth giving them a call :o

Just how practical is this visiting friends and family thing , I am thinking it may be harder for a young person ,, maybe im wrong but what papers ( or cash) do you need for a year o on that basis?

I live with my Thai wife and my English son in Pattaya. My sons GF is coming over from the UK next week. My question is, can she get a 1 year multi entry O visa. If not whats the next best option.

I acknowledge what Crossy said. Your son's gf should google for the Consulate that Crossy mentioned, study point 2 i.e their application package, send that Consulate an E-mail, include who she is (some personal data), why and what she wants from them. It is worth the asking and I think she will get some favourable response.

This is what I did and it worked. Of course I am a little bit older than the lady in question

THanks everyone. She got knocked back by the Thai Consulate in London. They gave her a 60 day single entry visa. Problem is she got a 12 month return ticket which is booked to fly back in Aug 2008. Will she have to now change her return date, as now you have to present your e ticket itinary at immigration in Suvanabumi airport!

THanks everyone. She got knocked back by the Thai Consulate in London. They gave her a 60 day single entry visa. Problem is she got a 12 month return ticket which is booked to fly back in Aug 2008. Will she have to now change her return date, as now you have to present your e ticket itinary at immigration in Suvanabumi airport!

Sorry to say that your mistake was applying to the Embassy in London. A quick look here would have shown you that the consulates and particularly Hull are the places to apply.

Nevertheless, she can get a 30 day extension from immigration for Bt1900 and she could then do a couple of border runs for 30 day stamps or get another tourist visa from a nearby country if she wants to stay for a long period of time.

As stated, there will be no problems with ther ticket.

Itsbill, different consulates have different requirements. Call the consulate where you plan to apply and ask.

--

Maestro

Thank you , does anyone know what Cardiff is like about friend and family visas?

Not sure if things have changed but on visiting Cardiff in person last year I got a blunt :-"we know Birmingham and Hull are issuing 1 year O friends and family visas but we in Cardiff have been instructed by our Consulate not to issue these without good reason". They turned down two other people while I was present also.

I had to settle for the 6 month triple entry tourist visa in the end.