Offshore Beaches

adamothirteen

Seriously. Which is the most serene and beautful?

Will it be hard to hook up with people who wanna go to the same more secluded beaches in the far away/near islands by speed boat? what's the capacity of a boat? it'll be pretty worth it to be sharing with more people thus dividing the $75-$100 speed boat cost right?

The deafening silence means one of 2 things.....

one - no-one in Pattaya ever gpoes looking for a nice beach

two - if they find one they ain't gonna tell.....

you will need to charter a boat or go to Koh Larn and then get a motorbike to the other side.

The far islands do have some nice beaches, they fall under the control of the Royal Thai Navy and there is a strict "No-No" on overnighting also Koh Rin is often used for target practice.

Best if you are chartering a boat you make sure the boat stays with you all day as these islands are uninhabited and there is not even a toilet on these islands, let alone any medical facilities.

Also best stick to the beaches as I understand some of these islands have poisonous snakes, etc, and you may end up walking in the last visitors "call of nature".

BB

Will it be hard to hook up with people who wanna go to the same more secluded beaches in the far away/near islands by speed boat? what's the capacity of a boat? it'll be pretty worth it to be sharing with more people thus dividing the $75-$100 speed boat cost right?

Yeah myself and my partner would defo be up for that (and no we are not swingers before anyone comments!) The beaches here are disgusting. It would be great to see the 'nicer' side of Thailand :o

Yeah myself and my partner would defo be up for that (and no we are not swingers before anyone comments!) The beaches here are disgusting. It would be great to see the 'nicer' side of Thailand :o

You mean you're staying there in pattaya as of now? and are looking to get people to go to that particular spot???

Hi, There are a lot of great islands here in Thailand. Can be as remote as you want it. Most of the speedboats at the piers will take you to wherever you got the cash to go(might need refueling along the way) You can buddy up with other people at the pier. We went to Koh Kood from Koh Chang with 2 other couples. It was pretty cheap if I recall. Most of the ferries arrive not that much later & the ride is less choppy.

Most of the speedboats go so fast the waves shred you.

Koh Chang is very nice & you can stay at populated or secluded places. Motorbike rentals from 150-250 baht a day (pending on your amount of rental & your gift of gab!)

Koh Samet is another good choice same same. You can get a speedboat or speedboat tour. I went to Malibu resort & walked down to my bungalow from there. Malibu has a lot of jet ski’s & boats-so if you want peace & quiet try closer to the starting destination ,opposed to the end hotel. Great for 3 days. Koh Larn is pretty remote & cheap to go to 20 baht on a ferry one way 30 baht for the baht bus one way to your destination & is good for the day. They have some dwellings but I wouldn’t consider it more than a day trip. Charter boat trips available for not much more.

There are some very shiek places to stay for market value rentals. Nothing beats the Krabi area(unless a freak Tsunami ruins the day or life) The beach is awesomely scenic & remote. Rentals are cheap to expensive.

Koh Phi Phi is very nice( a little expensive, but it is a scuba diving destination as is the prices!

For snorkeling & scuba the Phuket(which is like a small Pattaya Krabi & Ko phi Phi Koh Sumui are the best for underwater scenic viewing.

Just some of many.

Most places I rent on the web for 1 night & find where I want to go while I am there- Except Koh Sumui.

And of course if you are into the party scene & want to party like a rock star- there is Koh Phanagan.

Enjoy!

Beardog

Isalnds near Pattaya that are easy to get to are Koh Larn - go to the other side of the island to get away from the crowds.

Koh Sichang from Si Racha - has resort/hotels crowded at w/e and holidays only small beaches.....Koh Samet....about 2 hours down the coast and the Koh Chang Archipelago about 3.5 hours down the coast - none are perfect but TIT!

Edited by wilko

Koh Pai makes for a nice destination- there are usually at most two or three boats near or at the main beach and it's quite common to be the only group there. Be forewarned that there are absolutely no facilities on the island so make sure your stomach is settled and bring your own snacks/drinks/etc. It's about a 45 min speedboat right from Pattaya, past Koh Lan.