Sizzler Rgp

wcr

I used to travel all over the 1st world for business and I never refused ice in my drink nor worried about a salad or sushi bar. I guess I could have wrapped myself up in cotton wool though as I did get bruised sometimes.

C'mon, its common sense. You're unlikely to get shitty water in a 5* bar ice box are you ?

Its good value for the money you pay.

Not my cup of tea but again good value for what you get.

pretty good value, but you should also take a look at the lunchtime specials in Shenanigans. 150 baht for a good door stop sandwich with several filing choices, together with a salad of your choice, including an excellent Ceasar! or you could opt for one of several delicious soups, if that's not enough you get a half pint of singha or a soft drink as well. I believe that Sizzler are putting their prices up on a regular basis, because of the popular salad bar.

I believe the last time we were at Sizzlers (Chiang Mai), the soup choices included French onion and my favorite, mushroom soup with chopped mushrooms visible. They had a Mexican salad with corn and bell pepper and peanuts and no chiles, usually fresh celery, two kinds of lettuce and of tomato, various tropical fruits, and glass dishes of gelatin or chocolate pudding. The list goes on and on. My partner often got pork and I usually had ground beef. Yes, I miss the place, but we could no longer get out the door for 390 baht (with baked potato). Oh, and the entree usually includes a darn close replica of Texas toast. :o

Texas toast is standard length and width of white bread, with a similar crust, but about 5 times the thickness, lightly toasted and buttered on one side. Cut diagonally, served two half pieces on the plate (maybe just half a piece; my partner always gives me his). Maybe somebody can post a photo.

Texas toast is standard length and width of white bread, with a similar crust, but about 5 times the thickness, lightly toasted and buttered on one side. Cut diagonally, served two half pieces on the plate (maybe just half a piece; my partner always gives me his). Maybe somebody can post a photo.

Thanks for telling me.

Humphrey Bear

You mean that it's called Texas Toast because it's extra thick? Figures.

Well i thought it was funny

I used to travel all over the 1st world for business and I never refused ice in my drink nor worried about a salad or sushi bar. I guess I could have wrapped myself up in cotton wool though as I did get bruised sometimes.

C'mon, its common sense. You're unlikely to get shitty water in a 5* bar ice box are you ?

Dear First World traveler

The worst dose of giardia I have ever had was from the Sheraton in Karachi, and came from water or ice in my drink.

You have obviously never traveled in the middle or far east, When was the last time you stayed at the Sheraton Dakha or the Hilton in Lahore or Karachi, not to mention Sanaa, Seeb, Jakarta, Kuching, KK, Brunei, Miri, Jahor Baru, Colombo, and every other scrungy capital in the developing world. I have and have spent over for 25 years doing it. Trust me you never put ice in your drink or touch salads, if you do then you are a fool and sooner or later you WILL get sick. The people handling the water are not over clean and not in the least concerned with your health in any way shape or form. Salad is usually washed from mains water down in the kitchens and in developing countries that means bacteria. Ice in mini bars has usually been re frozen several times and that's not to even say that the locally produced spring water you are drinking from their sealed bottle is cosher. Ever hear about the deep tube wells in Bangladesh and the arsenic in the ground? Have you never seen women squatting over an open drain breaking up blocks of ice on the street and packing it in to plastic bags for sale? I have more than once and trust me it still goes on in every capital in the developing world.

And have you noticed the thais never eat it ! i want to ask them "can i have it " but cant bring myself to do it ! :o

Dear First World traveler

The worst dose of giardia I have ever had was from the Sheraton in Karachi, and came from water or ice in my drink.

You have obviously never traveled in the middle or far east, When was the last time you stayed at the Sheraton Dakha or the Hilton in Lahore or Karachi, not to mention Sanaa, Seeb, Jakarta, Kuching, KK, Brunei, Miri, Jahor Baru, Colombo, and every other scrungy capital in the developing world. I have and have spent over for 25 years doing it. Trust me you never put ice in your drink or touch salads, if you do then you are a fool and sooner or later you WILL get sick. The people handling the water are not over clean and not in the least concerned with your health in any way shape or form. Salad is usually washed from mains water down in the kitchens and in developing countries that means bacteria. Ice in mini bars has usually been re frozen several times and that's not to even say that the locally produced spring water you are drinking from their sealed bottle is cosher. Ever hear about the deep tube wells in Bangladesh and the arsenic in the ground? Have you never seen women squatting over an open drain breaking up blocks of ice on the street and packing it in to plastic bags for sale? I have more than once and trust me it still goes on in every capital in the developing world.

Jeez i feel lucky !,..ive always had the ice, clean my teeth with sink water,.eaten salad everywhere and never been ill ,..

You forgot the key ingredient - grated parmesan cheese which the buttered side of the bread is dipped in - then thrown on a grill for a minute or two until it becomes golden brown. Normally you only get a half piece, and undoubtedly the cheese is why your partner always gives you his :D

My eldest loves it - but once I taught her how to make it, we started running out of bread, butter and parmesan cheese at a terrifying rate... until I stopped buying the Parmesan :o

I never thought of the open buffets, salad bars, etc when travelling - very good point. From now on I stick to hot cooked food.

yes but, Norway is so boring :D
Now that is place ive never fancied,.im told the women are very cold ! :D (i went out with a girl from there, she had a face like a norse :D

The ladies are hot, and good looking,

but I think some have a charisma bypass at an early age.

:o

yes but, Norway is so boring :D
Now that is place ive never fancied,.im told the women are very cold ! :D (i went out with a girl from there, she had a face like a norse :D

The ladies are hot, and good looking,

but I think some have a charisma bypass at an early age.

:o

Why can one attack Sizzler on this site, but not unscroupulous developers?

What :D

Hes talking about the charisma bypass, he thinks its being built to ease traffic around bangkok ! :bah:

Texas toast is standard length and width of white bread, with a similar crust, but about 5 times the thickness, lightly toasted and buttered on one side. Cut diagonally, served two half pieces on the plate (maybe just half a piece; my partner always gives me his).

....and Sizzler management hope that everybody eats it. A very thick slice will soon fill you up which results in you eating less from the salad bar.

So basically it looks like I am not the only one to have become ill after eating at Sizzler. Well, I won't be going again regretfully, as I do like that bloody salad bar.

Hardly, they were banned from Australia for causing mass outbreaks of food poisoning.

So you are not the only one by any means.

Sizzler is a terrible place. I eat at Chokchai in Bangkok instead now and the steaks are infinitely superior at around the same price.

Chokchai is fantastic and surprisingly few foreigners seem to know the place. They have their own cattle farm in Korat, and from the taste it seems to be perhaps American cattle breeds they have imported or something. Closest thing to an American steak house in BKK.

So basically it looks like I am not the only one to have become ill after eating at Sizzler. Well, I won't be going again regretfully, as I do like that bloody salad bar.

Hardly, they were banned from Australia for causing mass outbreaks of food poisoning.

So you are not the only one by any means.

Sizzler is a terrible place. I eat at Chokchai in Bangkok instead now and the steaks are infinitely superior at around the same price.

Chokchai is fantastic and surprisingly few foreigners seem to know the place. They have their own cattle farm in Korat, and from the taste it seems to be perhaps American cattle breeds they have imported or something. Closest thing to an American steak house in BKK.

Yes. We used to go to the Chokchai on the main drag to Korat. Fantastic steaks and BIG too. :o