English Style Backbacon

MrJay

hi fellow countrymen,im in nongki well just down the road,im here for 6 months of the year,just wondering if anyone is dealing in the bacon trade ect sausages,i know simple simons down in jomtien and a few others like farang connection ship it about up here,i would like to know if anyone else is selling it 1st in nongki or nangrong areas,if not maybe we can get a few boxs up around these parts,in need of some decent bacon atleast once a week instead of the offal in tescos ect...... :o

There is a newly opened German restaurant in Prakhonchai, (at the commencement of the road that goes to Phanom Rung). He sells bacon sausages liver sausage and a whole bunch of things that he prepares and smokes on the premises. Also fresh bread and rolls daily. Closed Mondays

Hope this helps

thanks for that guys,im a 15 minute drive from there so ill check that little restraunt out,i know the area well,i found a place on outskirts of buriram,say you are going to buriram from nangrong on arrival theres homepro i think on the left then a thai style makro,all writing in thai,but its not a makro,in there they were selling it 1kg for 350 baht,if i remember right it was good stuff,but they only had 2 packs in,im lookin for a stockpile to deepfreeze,theres about 18 farang(falang)in the village where i am,and they are all after gettin there teeth in 2 a decent swine sarnie,with a good dash of h.p...any more info appreciated....

A farang named JOSEF, living some 10kms on the Prasat side of Prakhonchai does bacon and smoked ham. He is doing some for me commencing tomorrow. Time required 11 days. Tel No 084 959 5094

nice one for that nick..ill give the guy a ring when i get there,you will have to let me know how good it is..enjoy....jay

There is a newly opened German restaurant in Prakhonchai, (at the commencement of the road that goes to Phanom Rung). He sells bacon sausages liver sausage and a whole bunch of things that he prepares and smokes on the premises. Also fresh bread and rolls daily. Closed Mondays

Hope this helps

I went there today and couldn't find it. Even went to the police station but they didn't know about it, neither did any locals.

Hope this helps

I went there today and couldn't find it. Even went to the police station but they didn't know about it, neither did any locals.

It is actually quite simple to find.

From Nang Rong, Buriram or Prasat, you will hit a major junction in Prachon Chai (there is only one) .... take the road to Ban Kruat .... so from Nang Rong go right, from Prasat go left, from Buriram go straight, when the single track far too small road through all the shops finishes, hang a right and it's about one hundred yards on the left, just before the Wat.... if you see the shop that sells the spirit houses you have gone to far, turn round.

Coming from the Ban Kruat direction, just before you get to the one track shop filled road that is Prachon Chai, there is a shop that sells spirit houses, and the occasional dinosaur, hang a left just after that.

The police do know where it is, well they had no trouble finding it the other day when a Lao Khao riddled local failed to understand the possible consequences of trying to undertake someone who is turning left.

Hope this helps

It is actually quite simple to find.

From Nang Rong, Buriram or Prasat, you will hit a major junction in Prachon Chai (there is only one) .... take the road to Ban Kruat .... so from Nang Rong go right, from Prasat go left, from Buriram go straight, when the single track far too small road through all the shops finishes, hang a right and it's about one hundred yards on the left, just before the Wat.... if you see the shop that sells the spirit houses you have gone to far, turn round.

Coming from the Ban Kruat direction, just before you get to the one track shop filled road that is Prachon Chai, there is a shop that sells spirit houses, and the occasional dinosaur, hang a left just after that.

The police do know where it is, well they had no trouble finding it the other day when a Lao Khao riddled local failed to understand the possible consequences of trying to undertake someone who is turning left.

Thank you very much for that. I'll give it a try shortly.

So it's on the Phanom Rung road out of Prackonchai

Edited by lampard10

A farang named JOSEF, living some 10kms on the Prasat side of Prakhonchai does bacon and smoked ham. He is doing some for me commencing tomorrow. Time required 11 days. Tel No 084 959 5094

The best choice in my opinion. Although he does not yet have retail premises.

I have been buying English style bacon and smoked hams from Josef for well over a year now - always good quality - and he will cure to your requirements - less fat - more fat etc - and at non inflated prices like other farang places/suppliers locally.

He has a good steady customer base in our area and also supplies pizzas and beer & rye breads!

Contact me by pm for his email address. He will deliver (bus station to bus station) in vacuum sealed packs (at least for meat not sure about bread)