Villa Market

Jingthing

I made a comment last month soon after they opened about Villa stocking about a dozen or more different varieties of tomatoes ranging from 400 up to about 1750 per kg.

It didn't last long...they're now down to only a hand full of varieties and I'm sure some of them are still the same tomatoes they had there when they opened.

Overpriced, understocked. Fuhgeddaboudit!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I made a comment last month soon after they opened about Villa stocking about a dozen or more different varieties of tomatoes ranging from 400 up to about 1750 per kg.

It didn't last long...they're now down to only a hand full of varieties and I'm sure some of them are still the same tomatoes they had there when they opened.

Should have done what I did.. Bought four or five of the Imported tomatoes that I liked ...Eat them but saved the pips.. Pips are now foot high tomato plants in my backyard... Gonna be a bumper crop and cheap too !

Should have done what I did.. Bought four or five of the Imported tomatoes that I liked ...Eat them but saved the pips.. Pips are now foot high tomato plants in my backyard... Gonna be a bumper crop and cheap too !

Good thinking! I would have thought that a lot of those imported varieties were hybrid and not capable of propagating from the seeds. How many varieties did you try?

Having only been once a couple of weeks ago, wondered if they do... Christmas Cake ? Christmas Puddings ? Mince Pies or even Mince to make ones own.

If yes from what date do they stock them Please

They stock Robertsons (the jam people) sweet mincemeat in 410gm jars for 235 baht............saw them this a.m.

Also stock Quality Street 468?gm tin for 350 baht.

Never saw xmas cake/puds.

Having only been once a couple of weeks ago, wondered if they do... Christmas Cake ? Christmas Puddings ? Mince Pies or even Mince to make ones own.

If yes from what date do they stock them Please

They stock Robertsons (the jam people) sweet mincemeat in 410gm jars for 235 baht............saw them this a.m.

Also stock Quality Street 468?gm tin for 350 baht.

Never saw xmas cake/puds.

But then you need short pastry - either frozen or make your own, plus tart trays and pastry cutters.

I'm going to ask Keith from Caddy Shack if he's doing anything for Christmas - will pass on the replies.

• 3 weeks later...

Excuse me, but

Where Are The Grape Nuts?

My last three visits, not only no Grape Nuts, but no visible empty space where they should have been if sold out.

I really do not understand. A rather big deal was made about Grape Nuts coming to Pattaya (FINALLY) and then this disheartening situation.

What would Euell Gibbons say, not to mention Weho?

Please, Bring Back the Grape Nuts!

Tomorow, my last portion of Grape Nuts will be gone, and I will have to settle for Canadian sounding Wheetabix.

Edited by Jingthing

Excuse me, but

Where Are The Grape Nuts?

My last three visits, not only no Grape Nuts, but no visible empty space where they should have been if sold out.

I really do not understand. A rather big deal was made about Grape Nuts coming to Pattaya (FINALLY) and then this disheartening situation.

What would Euell Gibbons say, not to mention Weho?

Please, Bring Back the Grape Nuts!

Tomorow, my last portion of Grape Nuts will be gone, and I will have to settle for Canadian sounding Wheetabix.

Overpriced. Understocked.

Try cocopops. They're always good.

Cocopops are the anti-grape nuts.

I thought the idea of retail business was to sell stuff. If you don't stock it, you can't sell it. Whenever they do stock it, the shelves get cleared. Am I missing something? What is the problem with stocking the Grape Nuts? I remember when I was looking for it in multiple Bangkok Villa Markets because people told me they sometimes saw it there, I NEVER saw it there. Why don't they just ORDER MORE????

Edited by Jingthing