Farang Complaints About Thailand

FarangNoi21

I can't own land

If farang could legally own land in Thailand, the prices would sky rocket. Demand would increase while supply would stay the same. If you can't trust your wife enough to place assests in her name, why are you getting married to her in the first place?

I can't get a long term visa

You can get a long term visa if you get married or you can get an investment visa. If you cannot afford an investment visa (isn't it only 8 million in a Thai bank?) all you have to do is take a trip every 90 days on a tourist visa. If you can't afford to take these trips, you can't blame the Thai government for trying to get rid of you.

My wife has a low social status

The truth is that Thai people are busy living their own lives and really don't care about you. They are thinking about what they are going to do on the weekend and how to get a promotion. This confuses many farang because they enjoy the attention of being different, like a minor celebrity. But please, stop making threads wanting to know what people think about your wife and what class you fall into. My advice is to gain some self respect, learn to be proud of your wife (regardless of where you met her) and stop complaining about what Thai people think she used to do or her social status. Also, I hate to break your bubble, but there are tons of farang in Thailand, you are not that big of a celebrity. Youre just another guy scraping an existance out at English First.

Thai people cheat and are dishonest

Don't make a fool of yourself. There are dishonest people everywhere on Earth, the Thais are no more dishonest than any other nationality.

Should I pay sin sot. How much is sin sot? My wife needs X baht for so and so.

When your wife demands money, either she is going to get it from you or she is going to get it somewhere else. Its better to pay her off than for her to go out and pick up an STD and give it to you.

There aren't any good girls out there

Wrong. There are millions of beautiful, honest , educatedwomen in this country, maybe you should take a look in the mirror and ask yourself, if I were a beautiful, honest, educated woman would I want anything to do me?

Thai people don't care how I act in Thailand

Wrong. Thai people are just too polite to put you in your place

There is no such thing as an investment visa. I also dont think land prices would sky rocket, they would probably rise slightly in some places but stay the same in large areas of the country.

Edited by madjbs

Seeing that the OP is not asking any question or otherwise intimates that a reply would be required or appropriate, I am closing this topic. If anybody nevertheless desires to communicate with the poster on this subject he should feel free to send him a PM.

I apologise to the OP for pre-empting the public flame-fest he appears to have intended to provoke with his post.

:o

--

Maestro