Peter Piper... /she Sells...

YangYaiEric

Have you ever asked a Thai friend of yours to recite the following sentences?

'Peter Piper picked a peg of Pickled peppers. If Peter Piper picked a peg of Pickled Peppers, how many Pickled Peppers did Peter Piper Pick?'

I've asked my my Thai wife of 20 years on many occasions to try to to recite the above tongue-twister, and for the life of her she stumbles after only a few words :o ! She, in turn, provides me with a smilar Thai tongue-twister challenge, the English translation of which is 'Who sells chicken eggs' but in Thai it sounds like 'Khai Khaai Khai Gai..' Naturally, she falls over laughing at my feable attempts to get the right tone !! :D

I'm sure there are many other examples of tongue-twisters out there (English as well as Thai). Anyone out there with similar ancedotes?

(Purely a light-hearted thread, this one :D )

YangYai.

Ask your wife to repeat the words 'red lorry, yellow lorry, red lorry, yellow lorry' over and over getting faster as she goes.

Nice one Acquiesce! I cant even say it myself, let alone my wife !! :o But, I'll try it out on her though!

Cheers!

Ask your wife to repeat the words 'red lorry, yellow lorry, red lorry, yellow lorry' over and over getting faster as she goes.

Nice one Acquiesce! I cant even say it myself, let alone my wife !! :D But, I'll try it out on her though!

Cheers!

Good luck, you might get a punch in the arm though :o

'Peter Piper picked a peg of Pickled peppers. If Peter Piper picked a peg of Pickled Peppers, how many Pickled Peppers did Peter Piper Pick?'

I've asked my my Thai wife of 20 years on many occasions to try to to recite the above tongue-twister, and for the life of her she stumbles after only a few words :o ! She, in turn, provides me with a smilar Thai tongue-twister challenge, the English translation of which is 'Who sells chicken eggs' but in Thai it sounds like 'Khai Khaai Khai Gai..' Naturally, she falls over laughing at my feable attempts to get the right tone !! :D

I'm sure there are many other examples of tongue-twisters out there (English as well as Thai). Anyone out there with similar ancedotes?

YangYai.

This sounds funny coming from a thai ! "firty fousand fevvers on frushs froat " .. my 5 year old says it and i fall about ! :D

I've always wanted to get a thai to do that.

It's fy - like 'shrimp crisps' or 'squirrel peanuts' careful with 'peanuts'.

I've always wanted to get a thai to do that.

It's fy - like 'shrimp crisps' or 'squirrel peanuts' careful with 'peanuts'.

:o I've noticed the way some thai's say ''peanut''.

I've had to double-take when asked if I wanted ''some penis'' before.

This one is my favorite though.

Betty Botter had some butter,

"But," she said, "this butter's bitter.

If I bake this bitter butter,

it would make my batter bitter.

But a bit of better butter--

that would make my batter better."

So she bought a bit of butter,

better than her bitter butter,

and she baked it in her batter,

and the batter was not bitter.

So 'twas better Betty Botter

bought a bit of better butter.

This one is my favorite though.

Betty Botter had some butter,

"But," she said, "this butter's bitter.

If I bake this bitter butter,

it would make my batter bitter.

But a bit of better butter--

that would make my batter better."

So she bought a bit of butter,

better than her bitter butter,

and she baked it in her batter,

and the batter was not bitter.

So 'twas better Betty Botter

bought a bit of better butter.

Touche! very much like my 'Peter Piper' one, but longer! :o

YangYai.

dont know about the thais but i struggle with those tongue twisters ,and im from the uk .

YangYai.

dont know about the thais but i struggle with those tongue twisters ,and im from the uk .

say sophie tucker over and over as fast as you can :D

Funny, just asked my staff: They had no problems. Now I found the clue! They pronounce R as L. Now I tried that and all of a sudden its not hard at all

Led Lorry, Yellow Lorry...

Its the "R" that rolls..