Visa For Foreign Child Of Single Father

I would appreciate any advice anyone can give. I have a one year non immigrant type "B" multiple entry visa and work permit. I work for an international company in Bangkok, have been here for three years and intend to work through to retirement if I can keep getting the renewals (I am 45). I own a condo in my own name. I am divorced with two children, have joint custody of them and a formal family arrangement that puts the wishes of the children as the number one criteria. My son would like to live with me in Thailand and my ex-wife is agreeable to this. I am currently looking at schools. However, I have received all sorts of conflicting advice on visas for him - "dependent" visa vs "education" visa, apply in the UK (where he is currently at school) or get him over here on a 30 day stamp, into school then apply? I am also concerned that the term dependent implies out of necessity whereas this is out of choice and do not know how it will be viewed if only one parent is here and the other is giving consent. Is there an easy way to get his visa running concurrent with mine?

Does anyone have experience of this situation and can let me know what they think is the route I should go - it will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Believe you should use section 7.19 to join you as you are working under section 7.1 There is no bank deposit required with this method and his 1 year extension of stay will match yours.

7.19 In case of being the

member of family of the

foreigner who is permitted

to stay temporarily in the

Kingdom pursuant to the

Criterion No. 7.1, 7.2, 7.4,

7.5, 7.6, 7.9, 7.11, 7.12,

7.13, 7.14, 7.15, 7.16, 7.20,

7.21, 7.25 or 7.28 of this

Order (Only for Father,

mother, marriage couple,

ordinary child, adopted