European-style Bread/bakery In Patong?

Harley62

When I lived in Rawai there was an excellent (European-owned, I believe?) Bakery, cannot recall the name....directly at the right-hand "curve" just before coming onto the main Rawai Beach road..

Now that I am a Patong / Kathu resident--what options are there for REAL dark rye, pumpernickel, or even "pain de campagne" type breads or pastries in Patong?? How is Carrefour bread quality, or is the "Deli Market" on Ra U Thit better than Carrefour??

Please provide location address or landmark--I am not so familiar with Patong as yet!

Thanks in advance!

HB

that bakery at rawai is very nice - flintsone or something like that

personally i quite like the bread in the carrefour bakery section

I have to agree with smartecosse, for the best variety & quality bread for the past 5 years :-

Flin.stones by a country mile (I believe the name has changed slightly)

shame they are in Rawai and I live in Nai Yang.

Have tried the others but keep going back to Rawai

Edited by LeungKen

Yes, you have both affirmed what I had supposed---that place in Rawai (Flinstone's?) is the BEST!

Wonder if they have a contract to sell out of someplace in Patong? Seems like there is a market for good bread...

Otherwise, I guess Carrefour will have to do--Saw some nice bread at "Deli Supermarket" on Rat U Thit but not sure of quality..

Cheers!

HB

I have to agree with smartecosse, for the best variety & quality bread for the past 5 years :-

Yes, you have both affirmed what I had supposed---that place in Rawai (Flinstone's?) is the BEST!

Wonder if they have a contract to sell out of someplace in Patong? Seems like there is a market for good bread...

Otherwise, I guess Carrefour will have to do--Saw some nice bread at "Deli Supermarket" on Rat U Thit but not sure of quality..

Cheers!

HB

If you want REAL bread you will have to make a trip to The Belgian Bakery opposite Chalong Temple;

cakes and tarts and croissants to dream of.

Cheers!

HB

If you want REAL bread you will have to make a trip to The Belgian Bakery opposite Chalong Temple;

I totally agree :o

Deli in Patong are selling Flintstone's breads.

But the Mercedes or RR for breads will be the "Bastogne Bakery"(The Belgian Bakery opposite Chalong Temple)

Gerd

quality is good prices are horrendous !! :o

Flintstone used to have an own shop in Patong near the big intersection towards the beach and right hand opposite the big school. Don't know they still exist

Flintstone delivers to Deli and somebody else as well various types of bread there and good

Manni German Bakery delivers to German Butcher in Andaman Beach Suites Entrance and Flintstone deliver there as well :D

"Flintstone used to have an own shop in Patong near the big intersection towards the beach and right hand opposite the big school. Don't know they still exist

Flintstone delivers to Deli and somebody else as well various types of bread there and good

Manni German Bakery delivers to German Butcher in Andaman Beach Suites Entrance and Flintstone deliver there as well wink.gif

No, the shop at the mentioned intersection does not exist anymore.

Manni's bread is also very good(for the Germans), the "German Butcher" shop also has a very good "Teewurst" and some other German sausages/cold cuts.

Done from Chritian, the master butcher from Foodland in BKK.

I think I know where to get goose for Christmas this year :o

gefuellte%20weihnachtsgans.jpg

Gerd

Edited by thaigerd