In Real Danger?

intumult

The Russians are known to be fairly big Vodka drinkers. I heard about one Russian man that beat up 6 Thai men on beach road and walked away without a single scratch. This ought to be interesting to see the massive influx of drunk Russians deal in hand to hand combat with the local Thai men.

I am not a fighter, so I will simply just sit back and enjoy the boxing. I am a lover, not a fighter.

• 3 weeks later...
name='intumult' date='2007-10-16 17:45:10' post='1598989']

I got a phone call asking if the friend of a friend is in real danger and if he should move out of Pattaya. Seems this Farang has been in Pattaya a short time, hitting the bottle a lot and has now been shooting his mouth off at the local Thais when he is drunk and generally being abusive.

As I am told, some locals have been hammering on his door, though he is unable to understand what was said, the intimidation was obvious (and understandable considering his foolishness).

I understand - as would many - that he has been an idiot and I am wondering if he is in real danger and if he should move out of town or not (On the phone I said it would be a good idea if he did move). Or is it likely to blow over with no real harm done if he keeps his head down?

It would be nice to get advice from those with more experience than I in these matters and from Pattaya itsel

So what was the out come?

did he run away or sort it out?

Politely tell him he's on a hit list and hopefully he will move OUT of Thailand, not to Chiangmai or else he'll be in real danger up here also. Having an alcohol problem is one thing, those people I would extend my helping hand too, but people that are abusive and loud when they get drunk either need to get beaten up or need to leave the bottle alone...

It's part of the same thing.

Years ago i worked with a likeable welshman, when he was sober he was fine, give him a few drinks ,INSTANT @SSHOLE !,he used to walk/stumble about shouting "i hate the english ",./not the cleverest of things to do in Torquay on a friday night !,he was beaten up regularly and in the morning wondered why ! ,. you just cant tell some peope,.

Typical reaction of the English when confronted with the truth if you ask me...

Edited by wilko

Thai males WILL bang on the door. How can you say they won,t?

Get a woman to find out whats going on? Thought it would be obvious..............he,s drunk and abusive. He has a Thai GF? Where does it say that?

Spoken like the true two week tourist.

Well even two week tourists can offer an opinion on TV, their experiences are just as valid as your own.

Personally, I wouldn't be waiting around, when you shit in your nest it's time to beat it.

Perhaps the OP's mate could pretend he's possessed by ghosts, just wander around the insulted thai's chanting about "PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeee" rolling his eyes and spluttering froth etc. That should put a bit of distance between himself and the that flogging he's got coming.

Politely tell him he's on a hit list and hopefully he will move OUT of Thailand, not to Chiangmai or else he'll be in real danger up here also. Having an alcohol problem is one thing, those people I would extend my helping hand too, but people that are abusive and loud when they get drunk either need to get beaten up or need to leave the bottle alone...

It's part of the same thing.

Years ago i worked with a likeable welshman, when he was sober he was fine, give him a few drinks ,INSTANT @SSHOLE !,he used to walk/stumble about shouting "i hate the english ",./not the cleverest of things to do in Torquay on a friday night !,he was beaten up regularly and in the morning wondered why ! ,. you just cant tell some peope,.

Typical reaction of the English when confronted with the truth if you ask me...

No one,s asking you. :o

I got a phone call asking if the friend of a friend is in real danger and if he should move out of Pattaya. Seems this Farang has been in Pattaya a short time, hitting the bottle a lot and has now been shooting his mouth off at the local Thais when he is drunk and generally being abusive.

As I am told, some locals have been hammering on his door, though he is unable to understand what was said, the intimidation was obvious (and understandable considering his foolishness).

I understand - as would many - that he has been an idiot and I am wondering if he is in real danger and if he should move out of town or not (On the phone I said it would be a good idea if he did move). Or is it likely to blow over with no real harm done if he keeps his head down?

It would be nice to get advice from those with more experience than I in these matters and from Pattaya itself.

From which country does your friend of a friend hail?