Joe Calzaghe V Mikkel Kessler Nov 3rd

I should be in BKK on the 3rd Nov, and i am wondering if the Calzaghe fight is scheduled to be on.

The fight will be about 9-10pm UK time so 3-4am in Thailand.

The television rights to the fight have been bought by HBO and to accommodate the U.S. viewers it's scheduled for 9 PM ET which would be 2 AM in the UK or 9 AM in Thailand.

Sophon

I should be in BKK on the 3rd Nov, and i am wondering if the Calzaghe fight is scheduled to be on.

The television rights to the fight have been bought by HBO and to accommodate the U.S. viewers it's scheduled for 9 PM ET which would be 2 AM in the UK or 9 AM in Thailand.

Sophon

Really :o , so both Calzaghe and Kesslar , not to mention the 65,000 fans at the millenium stadium , have to wait untill 2 in the morning before they start their fight ?????????.

If true bloody outrageous.

Sophon

Really :o , so both Calzaghe and Kesslar , not to mention the 65,000 fans at the millenium stadium , have to wait untill 2 in the morning before they start their fight ?????????.

If true bloody outrageous.

I'm afraid so.

Quote from HBO's webpage (http://www.hbo.com/boxing/events/2007/1103_calzaghe_kessler/news/announcement.html):

"A super middleweight title fight is scheduled from across the pond when Joe Calzaghe vs. Mikkel Kessler is seen live Saturday, November 3 at 9:00 PM ET/6:00 PM PT, from Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, Wales on HBO."

However, seen from a Thai point of view 9 AM Thai time might not be the worst possible time, although the chance of catching the fight at a pub/bar will probably be out of the question.

Sophon

As much as I despise True/UBC, I have to say they havent been too bad about televising boxing this year, if you are a Gold or Platinum user. They just televised the Holyfield fight live from Moscow, which began at midnight here, and the Pacquio- Barrera fight, before that Pavlik-Taylor. The problem is finding out their schedule in advance. Anyway, if they do televise Calzahge-Kessler it would be on Sunday morning the 4th at 8:00 a.m.- but you'd have to be watching on a set that has Gold or Platinum. Also, they have been known to break in late, Pacquio-Barrera they finally got around to joining the telecast about 8:30 or so- halfway thru the first prelim. Try emailing them at [email protected]