Alarming Male/female Distribution In Los

YangYaiEric

I dont know if this is true or not, but my Thai wife recently told me, that due to the alarmingly disproportional male:female ratio in Thailand (I believe it is currently 10:1 in favour of females), that there is a concerted attempt/encorougement by the 'authorities' for Thai men to marry foreign women. Women of ANY nationality are, she tells me, being targeted as potential partners.

Has anyone else heard of this campaign? I was under the impression that Thai men do NOT like foreign women, especially Western women, when it comes to finding a marriage partner.

(Do hope this thread isn't viewed as Trollish in nature, purely mater-of-interest really :o ).

Yes this is true I heard frommy wife here brother and even old uncles who are very poor want to meet a Vegas Show Girl so the Vegas Show Gril will buy them house and land.

Her 70 uncle was cleaning garbage bins in Bangkok last year . Now married to rich farang women and has two cars and house in his name. Now all sons want the same.

:D :D :D

LaoPo

Sex ratio:

at birth: 1.05 male(s)/female

under 15 years: 1.047 male(s)/female

15-64 years: 0.976 male(s)/female

65 years and over: 0.834 male(s)/female

total population: 0.979 male(s)/female (2007 est.)

*https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/th.html

10:1 are you an idiot?

I am surprised nobody has mentioned this, but I think the OP might have meant that the ratio of FOREIGN men to FOREIGN women in Thailand is 10:1. Then it becomes a lot more plausible, and even urging Thai men to marry FOREIGN women makes a bit more sense, i.e. to redress the balance. But I might be wrong.

I am surprised nobody has mentioned this, but I think the OP might have meant that the ratio of FOREIGN men to FOREIGN women in Thailand is 10:1. Then it becomes a lot more plausible, and even urging Thai men to marry FOREIGN women makes a bit more sense, i.e. to redress the balance. But I might be wrong.

1,000 to 1 is closer... :o

LaoPo

I will type slowly for jamesc2000.

Thailand population breakdown from CIA World Factbook

0-14 years: 21.6% (male 7,195,750/female 6,870,858)

15-64 years: 70.1% (male 22,547,238/female 23,092,881)

65 years and over: 8.2% (male 2,437,640/female 2,923,782) (2007 est.)

Male to Female Ratio.

at birth: 1.05 male(s)/female

under 15 years: 1.047 male(s)/female

15-64 years: 0.976 male(s)/female

65 years and over: 0.834 male(s)/female

total population: 0.979 male(s)/female (2007 est.)

Thanks for typing slow!

Why is the CIA counting how many man and ladies in Thailand?

total population: 0.979 male(s)/female - so for every complete lady there is a male with with a little bit missing!

Sounds very true to me! Many people say there is something missing about me!