Alarming Male/female Distribution In Los

YangYaiEric

I dont know if this is true or not, but my Thai wife recently told me, that due to the alarmingly disproportional male:female ratio in Thailand (I believe it is currently 10:1 in favour of females), that there is a concerted attempt/encorougement by the 'authorities' for Thai men to marry foreign women. Women of ANY nationality are, she tells me, being targeted as potential partners.

Has anyone else heard of this campaign? I was under the impression that Thai men do NOT like foreign women, especially Western women, when it comes to finding a marriage partner.

(Do hope this thread isn't viewed as Trollish in nature, purely mater-of-interest really :o ).

I can tell you that it itsn't 10:1 and it isn't worse than in China nor India.

Besides, I seem to remember that woman became the majority at a lower age here than in Europe...due to high mortality amongst the men (read: accidents and other things).

Anyone got any stats? (Cannot check now, am at work.)

I dont know if this is true or not, but my Thai wife recently told me, that due to the alarmingly disproportional male:female ratio in Thailand (I believe it is currently 10:1 in favour of females), that there is a concerted attempt/encorougement by the 'authorities' for Thai men to marry foreign women. Women of ANY nationality are, she tells me, being targeted as potential partners.

Has anyone else heard of this campaign? I was under the impression that Thai men do NOT like foreign women, especially Western women, when it comes to finding a marriage partner.

(Do hope this thread isn't viewed as Trollish in nature, purely mater-of-interest really :o ).

Really? I was under the impression it was the opposite. :D But tbh im not sure. Where did you get this impression from? Personal observation/discussion or ?

I find it surprising also that authorities are requesting this of Thai men. :D

Well..could turn into an interesting thread (hopefully!) or be inundated by the regular lot who like to churn out cliches and derogatory comments. Im personally hoping for an interesting read with respectful discussion.

10 : 1 - no way, Jose.

However I do recall reading of some imbalance, attributed to a male propensity to die early in road accidents / other risky behaviours.

China has a disproportionate ratio of males to females, caused by the preference for males and the one-child policy, so the region should be able to cope.

Edited by WaiWai

I will type slowly for jamesc2000.

Thailand population breakdown from CIA World Factbook

0-14 years: 21.6% (male 7,195,750/female 6,870,858)

15-64 years: 70.1% (male 22,547,238/female 23,092,881)

65 years and over: 8.2% (male 2,437,640/female 2,923,782) (2007 est.)

Male to Female Ratio.

at birth: 1.05 male(s)/female

under 15 years: 1.047 male(s)/female

15-64 years: 0.976 male(s)/female

65 years and over: 0.834 male(s)/female

total population: 0.979 male(s)/female (2007 est.)

don't worry mate! we don't consider your posting as trollish. we just think the ratio 10:1 is ordinary bullsh*t :D

and that goes of course for the "campaign" too.

Edited by Dr. Naam

I asked a mature Thai female friend why Thai women put up with mia noi status. Her reply was that there were so many more women than men in Thailand.

Good one! I will use that on my wedding anniversary! Will let you know how it goes ...

what hospital do you have in mind when informing us? and do you think they'll let you use you laptop in an intensive care unit?

just curious :o

-----------------------

Maybe I'm missing something.

Even if this were true and there is a "glut" of Thai women on the market, why are Thai men being encouraged to but imports? :D

I asked a mature Thai female friend why Thai women put up with mia noi status. Her reply was that there were so many more women than men in Thailand.

-----------------------

I guess the ones that do a "Bobbit" on their husbands and feed it to the ducks haven't heard the "stats".

-----------------------

Even if this were true and there is a "glut" of Thai women on the market, why are Thai men being encouraged to but imports? :D

"10:1 in favor of females". He is saying 10 Thai men for every 1 Thai woman, not the other way round.

-----------------------

"10:1 in favor of females". He is saying 10 Thai men for every 1 Thai woman, not the other way round.

--------------------------

I'm confused... :D

how does the OP survive in the world? i dont think i could convince a mentally challenge 8 year old that there are 10 females for every male. can OP tie his own shoes? does someone help him put change in a bts machine to get a ticket? can he count past 20?

He writes "but my Thai wife recently told me" any more questions. No i don't think many Thais are mentally older the 8 years.

And this is answer part 2: Why don't farang ladies like thai husbands?

I think you really should have a serious conversation with your wife and have a look in the mirror yourself, asking about such nonsense in the first place..... :o

But, maybe you're pulling a leg or two here... :D

LaoPo

Yes this is true I heard frommy wife here brother and even old uncles who are very poor want to meet a Vegas Show Girl so the Vegas Show Gril will buy them house and land.

Her 70 uncle was cleaning garbage bins in Bangkok last year . Now married to rich farang women and has two cars and house in his name. Now all sons want the same.