Leasing Agents For The Songhkla Area?

Well after having no response at all from the Southern Thailand forum I thought I'd see if anyone here can help me out. Bit of a longshot but with almost 4 times more members on this forum its worth a shot!

Any info appreciated.

Cheers

Hi there,

Myself and my partner are moving from Jomtien to Songkhla at the end of the year and are on the lookout for nice accommodation. We are looking for either a condo or apartment. We would prefer a detatched new(ish) built condo but could take an apartment if it was nice and modern. The accommodation MUST have high speed WIFI connection and be within walking distance of the following:

good clean pool

gym (doesnt matter what size so long as it has a couple of machines)

beach

grocery store (7/11?)

Anyone know of any good leasing agents im Songkhla?

Any info much appreciated.

Sarah

I assume you are talking about Songkhla town rather than than Songkhla province?

From my couple of visits to Songkhla I believe there is not much in the way of apartments/condos there. The choices seems to be mainly houses or townhouses, so if that would meet your needs you might get more responses.

Good luck

Sophon

Sarah, I think you need to be abit more specific about where you want to stay. Do you refer to Songkhla Province as your destination or are you referring to the Town of Songkhla. Big difference.

But, in any case I think you will be hard pressed to find everything that you list. Firstly, swimming pools are definately not an accepted requirement for Thais living in condos in the south. There are not enough Farang attracted to Songkhla Province long term for any developer to cater to their whims. You will find both swimming pools and gym facilities but located in hotels. The most difficult criteria will be the MUST have WIFI high speed connection. Maybe CAT CDMA aircard is the best option if there is a CDMA mast nearby.

The only location I know of with some of your requirements, starting with walking distance to a beach, is Songkhla Town. Swimming pool at the hotel on the beach near the mermaid statue. Maybe gym too. 7/11 for sure!!!

Doubt if you will find a letting agent, things aren't that sophisticated. Best idea is to get a hotel for a week when you first arrive. and take some time looking around.

I looked at an apartment in Songkhla town a couple of years ago ...5000THB /month for 1 bedroom. No views but had fridge and bed. Give a bit more info here and maybe we can help.

Cheers Rick