What's Your Fav Movies Line/quote?

legag

Here's a few that are all-time classics, at least at my house:

1. From The Matrix: "That's why everything tastes like chicken."

2. From Pulp Fiction:

Vinnie: Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste good.

Jules: Yeah, and sewer rats might taste like pumpkin pie, but I wouldn't know 'cause I don't eat the filthy motherf**kers.

3. From Apocalypse Now: "If I say its safe to surf this beach, its safe to surf this beach."

4. From Tombstone: "Say when."

Edited by cochran

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Major T. J. "King" Kong: Well, boys, we got three engines out, we got more holes in us than a horse trader's mule, the radio is gone and we're leaking fuel and if we was flying any lower why we'd need sleigh bells on this thing... but we got one little budge on them Rooskies. At this height why they might harpoon us but they dang sure ain't gonna spot us on no radar screen!

Dr Strangelove (1964)

Camp Commandant: "Make the best of what we offer you, and you will suffer less than you deserve."

Papillon (1973)

Willard "I began to wonder what they really had against Kurtz. It wasn't just insanity and murder. There was enough of that to go around for everyone. "

Apocalypse Now (1979)

~WISteve

"Why so Serious?!" Heath Ledger as the Joker

"I remembah" - Isabella Rosselini in Blue Velvet

"If only you could see what I have seen thru your eyes", "Wake up, time to die" Rutger Hauer in Blade Runner.

Dizzy: My mother always told me that violence doesn't solve anything.

Jean Rasczak: Really? I wonder what the city founders of Hiroshima would have to say about that.

[to Carmen]

Jean Rasczak: You.

Carmen: They wouldn't say anything. Hiroshima was destroyed.

Jean Rasczak: Correct. Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst.

-starship troopers

Stanley Motss: What did television ever do to you?

Winifred Ames: It destroyed the electoral process.

Dustin Hoffman and Anne Heche in Wag the Dog.

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? -Sigourney Weaver in Aliens.

This is so nuts. I mean, listen - listen to what you're saying. It's paranoid delusion. How - It's really sad. It's pathetic. - Paul Reiser in Aliens.

"Whatever happened to Faye Wraye ?" The Rocky Horror Picture Show

Westly : "Get used to disappointment"

Inigo : "Hello : My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father : Prepare to die !" Count : "Stop saying that !"

"You've been mostly dead all day"

Inigo : "You seem a decent fellow : I hate to kill you"

Westly : "You seem a decent fellow : I hate to die"

Westley: "Give us the gate key."

Yellin: "I have no gate key."

Inigo Montoya: "Fezzik, tear his arms off."

Yellin: "Oh, you mean this gate key."

Westley: "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world. It would be a pity to damage yours."

Buttercup : "You mock my pain"

Westly : "Life is pain, Highness, Anyone who says differently is selling something"

All From : The Princess Bride

- William Golding

Eyegor : "Walk this way"

Young Frankienstein

Edited by Murgatroyd

From Murgatroyd's post above:

Inigo : "Hello : My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father : Prepare to die !"

Excellent quote! Vintage Patinkin.

how about this one from Tombstone:

Wyatt Earp to the Cowboys and Ike Clanton: "You'll probably take me in a rush, but not before I turn his head into a canoe."

Edited by cochran

A Bronx Tale

"I will never forget the look on their faces. All eight of them. Their faces dropped. All their courage and strength was drained right from their bodies. They had reputation for breaking up bars, but they knew that instant, they'd made a fatal mistake. This time they walked into the wrong bar."

I hate being Scottish. We're the lowest of the fuc_king low, the scum of the earth, the most wretched, servile, miserable, pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization. Some people hate the English, but I don't. They're just wanke_rs. We, on the other hand, are colonized by wanke_rs. We can't even pick a decent culture to be colonized by. We are ruled by effete <deleted>. It's a <deleted> state of affairs and all the fresh air in the world will not make any fuc_king difference.

trainspotting