And Then It Rained......

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didn't the island just get an enormous grant to fix that problem ?

Indeed.

However, by the time the 'Grant' filters through all the sticky fingers, enough money is left to fill a few potholes around the Island.

No, they'll do the Surat Thani roads first

Indeed.

However, by the time the 'Grant' filters through all the sticky fingers, enough money is left to fill a few potholes around the Island.

How do you know that?

Indeed.

How do you know that?

Thai Logic!

What is a good website that has radar coverage? I go to this one but a lot of times it doesn't update. The last time this was updated was on 10 October.

http://www2.tmd.go.th/radar/surat.html

I have to click on the Phuket 240 one to get an idea of the rain clouds above.

Any others out there?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=98300

or try windguru, no radar but fairly accurate

http://www.windguru.cz/int/index.php?sc=30397

Lamai ringroad already well flooded. How is Chaweng / Maenam ? Improved drainage desperately needed.

yes, samui need something like that......but who are responible for that.....nobody really :D

Samui want to be a "V.I.P" island, but the roads and the infrastructure here are on a 3 Star*** level.

Mai pen rai......that's what the government thinking.... :o

i just hope we never will have rain and the damages same as in november 2005....

here some pictures from lamai

post-51795-1193069789_thumb.jpg

post-51795-1193069825_thumb.jpg

post-51795-1193070282_thumb.jpg

post-51795-1193070307_thumb.jpg

Lamai ringroad already well flooded. How is Chaweng / Maenam ? Improved drainage desperately needed.

yes, samui need something like that......but who are responible for that.....nobody really :D

Samui want to be a "V.I.P" island, but the roads and the infrastructure here are on a 3 Star*** level.

Mai pen rai......that's what the government thinking.... :o

i just hope we never will have rain and the damages same as in november 2005....

here some pictures from lamai

These pictures are from 2005. They have done a lot of work since then on certain areas of Lamai & Boput, but a lng way to go yet.

What is a good website that has radar coverage? I go to this one but a lot of times it doesn't update. The last time this was updated was on 10 October.

Any others out there?

Click on the radar image for Chumphon. Its updated every hour, usually about 37 minutes past the hour you get the new image. Remember that the rain is coming from NE direction at the moment so the 240k Phuket image is not very helpful for Samui and the islands.

Any others out there?

Click on the radar image for Chumphon. Its updated every hour, usually about 37 minutes past the hour you get the new image. Remember that the rain is coming from NE direction at the moment so the 240k Phuket image is not very helpful for Samui and the islands.

flooding ,raining ,damp ,cold and come april there will be a water shortage as usual :o

Flooded in bophut as well i expect lots of talk again of fixing it and very little will be done AGAIN !.

been here on this tropical island since last friday.....we are stuck up a hill in Bophut in a villa here on vacation.. not managed to get down since Saturday as road impassable...any sugestions how we can get down the road.. agent never contacted us so dont suppose they could give a dam about their customers !!!!!

[been here on this tropical island since last friday.....we are stuck up a hill in Bophut in a villa here on vacation.. not managed to get down since Saturday as road impassable...any sugestions how we can get down the road.. agent never contacted us so dont suppose they could give a dam about their customers !!!!!

May be YOU should contact the agent, how does he know you are sitting on a hill ?

Flooded in bophut as well i expect lots of talk again of fixing it and very little will be done AGAIN !.

been here on this tropical island since last friday.....we are stuck up a hill in Bophut in a villa here on vacation.. not managed to get down since Saturday as road impassable...any sugestions how we can get down the road.. agent never contacted us so dont suppose they could give a dam about their customers !!!!!

Maybe not a good idea going to Samui for a holiday during the rainy season.

do agents here on the island not remember where their customers are ?? as the villa owner said, the agent was just after their commission and not interested in customer care,,,, hence there decision to leave the agent and rent direct in the future !!!! well l am sure that the agent will contact us when we are unable to check out !!!!!

do agents here on the island not remember where their customers are ?? as the villa owner said, the agent was just after their commission and not interested in customer care,,,, hence there decision to leave the agent and rent direct in the future !!!! well l am sure that the agent will contact us when we are unable to check out !!!!!

I very much doubt that i.e. Sawadee knows where all their guests stay at present....

Of course agents are after money as much as the owner are after their own cut.....

I guess the weather makes you grumpy, totally understandable...

I like radar, it's the best way for short forecast (2 or 3 hours)

the lake road is flooded as usual the main road into chaweng ,and its full of sand and holes ,nice welcome for the tourists..

The lake road is halfway flooded even with no rain at all since most of the "cheap charlies" up the mountain drain their toilets right out the road. I lived along that road for a 8 month period and i never ever seen it completely dry of water.

I nowadays dont have anything in that area to do and i say let the poor guys drive around in their own toilettwater since they are to cheap to make a real solution of this problem.

However, there are people still building along that road (even new resorts, when there are 100 empty rooms for rent already) and im surprised how you can build fansy,new buildings and dont do anything about the road?

Well, not my buisness. I just never felt safe driving a motorbike in that road, even in dryseason, and for some reason my clothes never smelled good when i came home either!!

It just keeps on amazing me how people that drain their toilet water right down the mountain, then complain about how much water there is on the road!!

And then off course there is the all known problem with "taxmoney" from bikes and cars ending up somewhere else than on the roads.

Well, it is what it is. Thailand is still the pardise and samui is great. Gotta love what we have!!!

I like radar, it's the best way for short forecast (2 or 3 hours)

the lake road is flooded as usual the main road into chaweng ,and its full of sand and holes ,nice welcome for the tourists..

The lake road is halfway flooded even with no rain at all since most of the "cheap charlies" up the mountain drain their toilets right out the road. I lived along that road for a 8 month period and i never ever seen it completely dry of water.

I nowadays dont have anything in that area to do and i say let the poor guys drive around in their own toilettwater since they are to cheap to make a real solution of this problem.

However, there are people still building along that road (even new resorts, when there are 100 empty rooms for rent already) and im surprised how you can build fansy,new buildings and dont do anything about the road?

Well, not my buisness. I just never felt safe driving a motorbike in that road, even in dryseason, and for some reason my clothes never smelled good when i came home either!!

It just keeps on amazing me how people that drain their toilet water right down the mountain, then complain about how much water there is on the road!!

And then off course there is the all known problem with "taxmoney" from bikes and cars ending up somewhere else than on the roads.

Well, it is what it is. Thailand is still the pardise and samui is great. Gotta love what we have!!!

i live on that road and the smells coming from the hotels is sometimes over powering ,i,ve never seen the yellow sh_t box at any of these places ,so guess where its going .....

i live on that road and the smells coming from the hotels is sometimes over powering ,i,ve never seen the yellow sh_t box at any of these places ,so guess where its going .....

Well, lazeeboy, im not shure i make you happy or not but to chear you up a little bit i have to say that the "rainwater" on the lakeroad never smells better than when its raining because then it actually have rain in it!!! :o

And no, i never seen the boxes either allong that road and no i dont have to guess, i know for a fact, people that drain their toilets right in the buches, and when the smell gets to bad once a month they through a little clorin in the buch!!

Now, we (also me) are very quick when it comes to blaming surathani province for "steling taxmoney from samui" and so on, and i agree on that issue, samui infrastructure is not good enough considering how much vehicle tax and personal tax we all must generate. But, everything is not to blame on the community. I mean, along "gost road" where i live, there is so many new projects coming up, looks like realy expensive projects to, why wont they go together and fix that road? Must be only a small pice of money if these big buisnessmen did it together,and it would defintly help them sell their houses!!

And the lake road. Yes it is the crapiest road in samui and no i dont drive there anymore due to the wholes witch should be fixed by taxmoney. But then again, the drainsystems on the toilets in the mountain? Is that the communitys obligation to fix?? I dont think so. And as long as it continues, why would they put alot of tax money in fixing the whole, when the road is fille with toilett-water anyway?

I dont know. Just my thoughts. :D

Anyway, hang in there lazeeboy, dry season on the way, hahaha. :D

Tadam.I woke up! Gosh, this is just the monsoon,havent you all heard about this phenomen? There is no bad wheather just bad clothes.

Drive slowly even if its your ordinary path or better, stay home if you not can live with the conditions you face at the moment.

Edited by Mr lamai

Tadam.I woke up! Gosh, this is just the monsoon,havent you all heard about this phenomen? There is no bad wheather just bad clothes.

Drive slowly even if its your ordinary path or better, stay home if you not can live with the conditions you face at the moment.

:D Holy Moly...where on earth have you been ?

You signed up more than 4 years ago and this is your first post...??? :D

Welcome !

LaoPo :o

Edited by LaoPo