Musselana Condo In Najomtien

jrbkk64

Correct information is that the law says that any building over 14 meters should be 200 metres back as are Jomthien Condotel, Grand Condotel, and Jomtien Complex. Jomthien Condotel and Grand Condotel were the first hi-rises to be built in the area in 1986 and 1988 and the Board of Directors headed by Mr. Thaworn Trsiripisal followed the Law by building 200 metres back.

Other correct information is that the Manager of Grand Condotel was asked how come VT5 was being built so much further forward and he replied that the law can be changed every 5 years. As we know this was BS. But where was the condo committee when this was going on? And I have heard that Grand Condo did and still do have a lawyer on the Committee!

If the low states clearly 200m., why the court ordered the measurement of 100m. It doesn’t make any sense. We all know the result already. Is it a case of proving the obvious. I really think so.

How old is Siam Bayview Hotel in Pattaya. It is 10 floor high and about 150m from the beach.

It always amazes me how people only give facts to support their arguments and cleverly omit the facts that shoot their theory down. In addition to the Siam Bayview there is the JomTien Metro (?) across from JomTien Complex Condo and also the high-rise directly to it's south. Going north toward Pattaya there is the Adriatic Palace and then the high-rise building to it's north and even further north the Royal cliff. This is just a few. One simply has to go to Google Maps Pattaya and view all the high-rises built less than 200 meters from the beach. Looks to me Pattaya City Hall has been pretty consistent in their interpretation of the law and granting construction permits.

Correct information is that the law says that any building over 14 meters should be 200 metres back as are Jomthien Condotel, Grand Condotel, and Jomtien Complex. Jomthien Condotel and Grand Condotel were the first hi-rises to be built in the area in 1986 and 1988 and the Board of Directors headed by Mr. Thaworn Trsiripisal followed the Law by building 200 metres back.

Other correct information is that the Manager of Grand Condotel was asked how come VT5 was being built so much further forward and he replied that the law can be changed every 5 years. As we know this was BS. But where was the condo committee when this was going on? And I have heard that Grand Condo did and still do have a lawyer on the Committee!

If the low states clearly 200m., why the court ordered the measurement of 100m. It doesn't make any sense. We all know the result already. Is it a case of proving the obvious. I really think so.

How old is Siam Bayview Hotel in Pattaya. It is 10 floor high and about 150m from the beach.

It always amazes me how people only give facts to support their arguments and cleverly omit the facts that shoot their theory down. In addition to the Siam Bayview there is the JomTien Metro (?) across from JomTien Complex Condo and also the high-rise directly to it's south. Going north toward Pattaya there is the Adriatic Palace and then the high-rise building to it's north and even further north the Royal cliff. This is just a few. One simply has to go to Google Maps Pattaya and view all the high-rises built less than 200 meters from the beach. Looks to me Pattaya City Hall has been pretty consistent in their interpretation of the law and granting construction permits.

Unfortunately even you are not privy to ALL the facts. And neither am I. However there are some facts and some evidence that will not see the light of day and perhaps for many folks health should stay this way.

There are reasons why some buildings were given "special dispensation" There are also reasons why objections to illegal buildings were let's say......stifled.

Postulate and Prophecy and clutch at every straw that drifts in with the tide all you want, it is in the hands of the court now. I doubt very much that they will be bought off so cheaply.

If the low states clearly 200m., why the court ordered the measurement of 100m. It doesn't make any sense. We all know the result already. Is it a case of proving the obvious. I really think so.

Unfortunately even you are not privy to ALL the facts. And neither am I. However there are some facts and some evidence that will not see the light of day and perhaps for many folks health should stay this way.

There are reasons why some buildings were given "special dispensation" There are also reasons why objections to illegal buildings were let's say......stifled.

Postulate and Prophecy and clutch at every straw that drifts in with the tide all you want, it is in the hands of the court now. I doubt very much that they will be bought off so cheaply.

It will be a sad day if the Admin Court, which I have heard called "a breath of fresh air for Thailand", does not follow the law or the intent of the law. I am sure I read on another topic that Jomthien Complex were advised by influential person to take its case to the Admin Court. It doesn't matter how many hi-rise buildings have been built within the 200 meters and it would seem illegally. What matters now is that people have woken up to the fact that there is a law to prevent this and they are asking that the law be applied. Also I have heard that if no one complains within 5 years about seemingly illegal hi-rise that nothing can be done about having the hi-rise removed. It is still possible that VT5 could be removed.

Take a closer look at Pattaya Bay

There are very very few buildings over 5 storys in that magic 200 meter zone from the waterline

Maybe on that premise you should ask why.

As you said greed is a prime motivator. However the old ways of a few bob or a few million under the table will fix most problems are coming to an end.

As you also said many resorts around the world have suffered from this "profit taking"

Recent developments in Spain for example involving corrupt licensing has resulted in many tall structures on the beachfront being demolished.

How can Pattaya rescue it's ailing image and stagnant property market?

Who in their right mind is going to invest in a condo when their multi million Baht or multi million dollar is going to be a multi million white elephant just a few years down the road.

VT5 is a prime example - the condo next door built according to the law 200 meters back. Then mysteriously View Talay manages to get a 100 Meter permit. Ah well sod em we got the brass. Bugger your sea view - should have bought on the beach. Then just a couple of years down the line the same company try to build VT7 and it's a case of bugger their own customers in VT5. To top it all there is a plot of land etween the VT5 & VT7 so let's build there and bugger the lot of them. Sad really but as you say that's life.

A good start would be to enforce a few laws and give existing owners who bought into "legal projects" a fair crack of the whip to stand up to unscrupulous developers who don't give a toss.

Wishfull thinking maybe - VT7 is a test case - let's see if the law or the Baht wins

OK one mike, hope you enjoyed your coffee and your current sea view. How old is the condo next to VT5? (Grand Condo) How old is Jomtien Condo Complex? How old is Jomtien Condotel? Like these developments, I think you're living in the past and reminiscing about the good ole days. You like Pattaya how it was twenty years ago, you don't like to see places grow economically and local people prosper through a knock on effect. You're retired, you've just work out how to use a computer, you lead a simple life with simple requirements. Any changes to that and you like so many people similar to you are up in arms and debating about whether it's 100m, 200m or 10" from the shoreline. I agree with what you say, take a look at Pattaya bay and it's quite plain to sea how many buildings up to and over 23 metres there are within 200m. For goodness sake open your eyes, ears and wake up and smell the coffee. Times, they are a changin, whether you like it or not. Time stands still for no one and my humble advise would be that if you really are retired, make the most of the time you have left, don't dwell on the past as you never know when your twilight years will come to an end.

Always right - You are a complete waste of time and space - I am not taking your bait and wasting any more time

Opening poster - take this morons advice - up to you

Touched on a nerve have I? The truth must hurt. It is Morons like you who do not know what they are talking about, and you admit to not knowing is the sad part. Go sit on your balcony and enjoy your coffee. Have an enjoyable retirement and don't dwell on the past too much. I wish you no ill feeling whatsoever, just try to give people correct information and the world will be a better place.

Thanks Tammi but this guy either will not believe, chooses not to believe, has his head stuck in the sand or maybe stuck somewhere where the only thing he can see clearly is his lower intestine.

There is another explanation - the guys attitude and style strangely resembles a poster who for legal reasons cannot be mentioned who has a not so hidden agenda about "low" rise condos

Now I cannot mention his name except that he has big BALLS and likes to knock over skittles.

I wonder - "there's nowt as queer as folk" as me old gran said "except some folk are queerer than others"

Before anyone get's on their hobby horse the word "queer" as used in the last century, last millenia (Remember I am but a poor illeterate pensioner) means strange and nowt else

To be relevent to the original poster "Mr Skittles" and his low rise codo dream is now the subject of litigation being pursued by the same lawyers as the ones who are prosecuting the case for Jomtien Complex.

Of course I know nowt. I can't find out owt because my Zimmer frame is seized up and I am so frail and weak I can't open a can of baked beans let alone open a computer.

I could be wrong, According to our "knowledgable gentleman" everything I say is wrong.

But on the other hand stranger Trolls have happened - what say you Mr. Skittles

It's great to see Mr. Skittles back in action. I wonder, is he still fronting for Mr. Shaft?

Edited by brooklynbridge

I drove by this development when I was last in Pattaya in May - it is direct on the beach near the end of Jomtien Beach. The beach in front is minimal and if they had to widen the road there would be big big problems. I am still interested in this development since it is directly on the beach. Only concern besides those stated previously would be what will eventually be built on the North side of the building that could impact the beautiful seaview. I have contacted the agent and will visit the development in 3 weeks. When I last saw it - did not look like much but recent pics look much better. Just not sure about that end of Jomtien Beach....

I drove by this development when I was last in Pattaya in May - it is direct on the beach near the end of Jomtien Beach. The beach in front is minimal and if they had to widen the road there would be big big problems. I am still interested in this development since it is directly on the beach. Only concern besides those stated previously would be what will eventually be built on the North side of the building that could impact the beautiful seaview. I have contacted the agent and will visit the development in 3 weeks. When I last saw it - did not look like much but recent pics look much better. Just not sure about that end of Jomtien Beach....

Thanks Trollster.

Still looking for more info. I wonder why so few have been sold so far. I did ask them to send me some revised drawings and they did within the deadline given by them. Will probably have a look again coming weekend.

Any more info ladies and gents??

• 1 month later...

Well I made it down to the Musselana last week and came away with mixed impressions. The location is good - directly across the beach - no obstructions that I could see for the foreseable future. The show units are average quality at best. Studio units lack a terrace and the corridors are exterior. Added together, I decided to look elsewhere. At this point will wait until Spring and probably buy into an established condo - like Jomtien Plaza or something new in Naklus - I like the Sanctuary but it is out of the way.

Oh by the way - they offered me 10% discount w/o asking so big discounts will probably be available once construction is completed.

Why do you think that a law was passed regulating development of tall structures 200 meters from the waterline? - just for fun? - just for the hel_l of it?

Duh.

Weaker soil structure due to proximity of water.

Greater pressure from weight of building affecting the above.

Potential raising of the high tide level further affecting the two above.

In other words SAFETY!