"thai Women Vs Farang Women"

iminthailand

What is always amazing to me is how many men here assume that it is impossible for a western guy to have a successful relationship with a western woman.

What seems equally amazing is the number of women that seem to think the only thing that could possibly attract Thai women to western men is money (because it is obvious that the only type of man that would come half way around the world to find a lady are obese, bald, ugly trolls that can not find a western woman that will take him in).

There are plenty of “he-man woman haters” in the world (and on this forum for that matter), and if this was not a Thai based forum those types would simply state their case in a more general “I hate women” comments rather than the “I hate western women” comments. It is not likely that anyone will post anything that will change the image this type of person has of themselves or of the women of the world.

Not to justify the “he-man woman haters” out there but many of them have formed their opinion thru their own experiences/ contacts with the women in their lives.

Well, I don't see why a western man can't prefer a Thai woman, I am married to a Thai man and find most western men too fat, too hairy and too macho for my personal tastes. But those are my tastes and I certainly don't expect anyone else to share them nor do I condemn anyone who doesn't, nor do I attack western men simply because they aren't my taste.

And that appears to be the problem here, why can't you just say "hey, I prefer Thai women" and leave it at that? Why the need to take your personal issues out on some total stranger on this board simply because she is a woman?

• Like 1

the only thing that could possibly attract Thai women to western men is money (because it is obvious that the only type of man that would come half way around the world to find a lady are obese, bald, ugly trolls that can not find a western woman that will take him in).

Hey you said it,we didn't.

Western guys are just plain lazy.Nobody here is a 'western man hater' but come on,for a single,smart western woman living in Thailand the chances of having a serious relationship with a western guy...... heck more chances of being abducted by aliens.

I'm not a man hater but hate hypocrites out there who rave on about their conquests in Thailand then 90% does end the same way.Back to the motherland,supporting the wife/family who is more than likely unemployed.May not happen now but think years from now.

It should be mandatory to get a vaccination against Yellow Fever!

Edited by Momo8

NEWSFLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a farang.

I quite like western women, please toss your unwanted ladies in my direction and I'll guarantee them a soft landing.

Thai women are not my faves anyway and would be low on my list for intelligent intercourse (verbal of course), personality and character.

Give me a slightly rounded western women with character rather than a svelte oriental who bores me.

And the bedroom performance? There's nothing a Thai girl can do for me that an occidental girl can't match.

Some of you poor guys out there must have really been let down by women if you think a Thai is the cure for your heartaches and frustrations.

Signed, Available, Germany

BTW, stop hitting on Blizzard's English. It's better than my Swedish or yours.

• Like 1

Or vice versa. Since greed is equal opportunity :o

But actually, I was talking about people IN relationships. Like my sister who has been happily married for 25 years even though she makes twice the income her husband does and has an intellectually challenging job (research physicist). She and her husband actually love each other --and perhaps if you weren't so bitter and twisted by your own bad experience you might be able to see that your experiences are not universal.

Anyway, this thread is being hijacked by the usual bitter unhappy crowd and is heading towards closure, at this rate.

And that appears to be the problem here, why can't you just say "hey, I prefer Thai women" and leave it at that? Why the need to take your personal issues out on some total stranger on this board simply because she is a woman?

Well for starters because I don’t prefer Thai women. I have traveled to many countries in my relatively brief time on this earth and I can honestly say I do not prefer on nationally over any other. And I don’t think I have taken my personal issues out on any women on this board simply because she is a woman.

Western guys are just plain lazy.Nobody here is a 'western man hater' but come on,for a single,smart western woman living in Thailand the chances of having a serious relationship with a western guy...... heck more chances of being abducted by aliens.

Yea western men are just plain lazy so who cares if you cannot keep up with the local competition?

If stating that “Western guys are just plain lazy” is not a “western man hater” comment I sure would hate to see what qualifies as one.

Now who is taking out personal issues on whom?

I'm not a man hater but hate hypocrites out there who rave on about their conquests in Thailand then 90% does end the same way.Back to the motherland,supporting the wife/family who is more than likely unemployed.May not happen now but think years from now.

You seem a bit fixated on making it clear that you are not a man hater (contrary to many of your statements on this thread).

I don’t know exactly how you come to the conclusion that any of the men in question are hypocrites? Even if they end up back in the motherland, supporting the wife/family in what way is this hypocritical?

I am not so sure about the flight back to the motherland – as many of the Thai ladies I have spoken to over the years seem pretty comfortable right here in Thailand and don’t show a great deal of interest in relocating to the Farang motherland.

As for the unemployed bit, it just might be the case that a few of these ladies are unemployed by choice. You see I have ran into a few that still take a great deal of pride in what I feel is the most important job in the world – that of being a parent. And if the resources are available to a family I find it very admirable that one of the parents (be it the mother or the father) chooses to remain at home as opposed to chasing almighty cash.

It should be mandatory to get a vaccination against Yellow Fever!

If it is not the man’s fault then it certainly must be the fault of the nasty Yellow Fever. Ah, no sign of man hating or issue transference here.

If by chance this happens to be a non-racial comment and you are indeed commenting on the real yellow fever (also know as black vomit) I believe they came up with a vaccine some time in the early 1900’s.

NEWSFLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a farang.

I quite like western women, please toss your unwanted ladies in my direction and I'll guarantee them a soft landing.

Thai women are not my faves anyway and would be low on my list for intelligent intercourse (verbal of course), personality and character.

Give me a slightly rounded western women with character rather than a svelte oriental who bores me.

And the bedroom performance? There's nothing a Thai girl can do for me that an occidental girl can't match.

Some of you poor guys out there must have really been let down by women if you think a Thai is the cure for your heartaches and frustrations.

Signed, Available, Germany

BTW, stop hitting on Blizzard's English. It's better than my Swedish or yours.

If I am not mistaken Blizzard is an American business graduate - or is he not?

tokyot, if you will see, momo and i are not the same posters.

I was using the plural you (perhaps I should have said "you all") and was not referring to you specifically but to all the men who do come on here and spew their venom, read back a few posts and you will see what I mean.

I think what is universally despised about western women is the western womans attitude. Some Asian women in the US have this same attitude so for all practical purposes they can be viewed western also. The general school of thought is any relationship these women should very limited in commitment, especially any financial / legal exposure. Unless you are interested in a life of misery, at the first hint of a western woman expecting marriage pull up your pants and run.
(Someone here is telling us Thai women tend to be better in the 'Weight Department' - I wonder what he looks like?)
Considering he is the one who pays his weight is irrelevant :o

Exactly!

And that is fine if that is what men want to do, but if you do that and are happy with it, why all the angst and insults to western women?

Have you ever tried to consider that perhaps you (meaning not you personally, but the western women universe as a whole) deserve them ?

I mean, you even caused a mass migration of sex starved men from farang land to Asia. A thing comparable to religious migrations of past centuries. That should give you something to think upon.

Well, edonista, since you are one of the ones posting abuse, I guess you must mean why I disagree with you. See the above posts and their attitudes and then change the wording, if these posts were coming from western women and aimed at western men, what would your reaction be?

Somehow, I think it would be different.

Half :o and I don't have anything against western guys just the ones who live in Thailand and think they are god's gift to women.Apart from a few genuine posters out there.

The guy I first heard that saying from along with "Biting the yellow bullet" is my best pal from Uni and the only one I know went from Asian wife to American (Western) wife.

The ex Asian one is now in New York where he was at the UN and his new one is in the former Yogoslavia (will not be more specific as it might identify him) where he is a deputy Ambassador.

Although I have never been married (except for a jump over the broomstick Bhudda ceremony but thats another story) I passed him on the way :D

Edited by Prakanong

tokyot, if you will see, momo and i are not the same posters.

I was using the plural you (perhaps I should have said "you all") and was not referring to you specifically but to all the men who do come on here and spew their venom, read back a few posts and you will see what I mean.

SBK believe me I know that you and momo are not the same posters. I apologize for combining the replies but I found it a bit helpful in making a point about transference. It is not only the male posters that have issues with transference in these threads.

I have read the complete thread, and I realize there is plenty of venom that is spewed up in this type of thread. I would certainly agree that the majority of the venom comes from the he-man woman haters of the board. But there is venom from the other side of the fence as well – some properly directed.

As for the millions of western relationships, I would say that a same culture relationship generally has a higher chance of success than a cross-cultural relationship. Which in the age of the here in now ain’t saying a whole lot because the divorce rate is pretty high even in the western/western marriages.

I think what is universally despised about western women is the western womans attitude. Some Asian women in the US have this same attitude so for all practical purposes they can be viewed western also. The general school of thought is any relationship these women should very limited in commitment, especially any financial / legal exposure. Unless you are interested in a life of misery, at the first hint of a western woman expecting marriage pull up your pants and run.
(Someone here is telling us Thai women tend to be better in the 'Weight Department' - I wonder what he looks like?)
Considering he is the one who pays his weight is irrelevant :D

Exactly!

And that is fine if that is what men want to do, but if you do that and are happy with it, why all the angst and insults to western women?

Have you ever tried to consider that perhaps you (meaning not you personally, but the western women universe as a whole) deserve them ?

I mean, you even caused a mass migration of sex starved men from farang land to Asia. A thing comparable to religious migrations of past centuries. That should give you something to think upon.

Well, edonista, since you are one of the ones posting abuse, I guess you must mean why I disagree with you. See the above posts and their attitudes and then change the wording, if these posts were coming from western women and aimed at western men, what would your reaction be?

Somehow, I think it would be different.

you mean if someone wrote something like this:

"if a western man proposes you marriage run away unless you want to live in misery"

or

"western men caused a migration of sex starved women to Asia"

what would be my reactions ?

Please allow me to answer with an emoticon !

:o

If you notice TokyoT I am based in Hong Kong and actually I am married to a wonderful half Chinese guy.

Yea, I thought I read a post related to banking that indicated you lived in China.

BTW – which half of your husband is Chinese? Top/bottom? Left/Right? Or is he mixed?

Half :o and I don't have anything against western guys just the ones who live in Thailand and think they are god's gift to women.Apart from a few genuine posters out there.

It’s a given that Thailand has a different mix of western men – like it or not sex tourism is alive an well in Thailand. But not all men in Thailand are here for the same reason.

There are plenty of men out there that don’t live or visit Thailand that also think they are god’s gift to women. Now if I could just convince them that there is no god maybe we could get somewhere.

Well, I don't see why a western man can't prefer a Thai woman, I am married to a Thai man and find most western men too fat, too hairy and too macho for my personal tastes. But those are my tastes and I certainly don't expect anyone else to share them nor do I condemn anyone who doesn't, nor do I attack western men simply because they aren't my taste.

This sounds like the same argument that many guys who are attracted to Thai women make, except the word male is changed to female.

I think many persons(male and female) share your views, but from opposite sides of the spectrum, although the underlying argument seems to be the same.

Edited by pampal

This sounds like the same argument that many guys who are attracted to Thai women make, except the word male is changed to female.

Looks like you missed the rest of the post:

But those are my tastes and I certainly don't expect anyone else to share them nor do I condemn anyone who doesn't, nor do I attack western men simply because they aren't my taste.

I didn't say that western men were unattractive, just that I don't find them so. They aren't my personal taste.

Seems to me that some men have mixed up their personal relationship messes with how they perceive a very large percentage of the western world and frankly, I find that kind of sad. To condemn someone before you even know them simply because they fit the description of your bad experience (ie all western women) is to miss out on alot of the friendship that is out there.

Like I said before, I have alot of western male friends, and I love them dearly. They just aren't the type I find attractive. Lots of women out there like hairy big guys. I don't. So what? Who cares? Why does it matter? Why would I have to then denigrate any man out there who isn't my type just to validate my own personal taste?

• Like 1

Tut tut very bad TokyoT! Hahaha.

His mother is Chinese his father a foreigner,best of both worlds.As to which half he is Chinese gee I will have to ask him......are we degenerating into a culture bashing session here T T? My husband has nothing to do with the thread topic.

wot are you trying to tell us tawp! my usa based reeding skills could use improve,ent. didnt understand a word you wrote.

you like anime gurls. is that cartoon gurls?

You want me to tell you what you could improve upon?

i tink his reeding skils r ok butt his ritting neads praps sum coaching.

nice 1 but i think it may have gone well over his head! :o

I'm going to bed now but I really hope this thread doesn't turn ugly. Please don't attack eachother. I don't want this thread to get too personal.

If any of you feel negatively towards western women as a whole can you please say specificly why? Also if you prefer Thai/asian women what class is your wife/gf from and why?

I think there will be an absense of guys dating Thai women from the middle and upper class that also hate western women.

Also there was ain interesting post earlier about IT guys that come to Asia 'cause they like asian girls. I agree that they generally hook up with asian girls that are more attractive (to them) and probably suit them better than a lot of western women would (being a quiet sorta dorky guy is more accepted/ the norm (?) here) . I don't think these guys are the ones saying "I hate western women" though. Agree/disagree?

Hello iminthailand,

I do not feel negative towards Western woman, only those that that tell western men how lucky they are to have someone like them in their life. Have a few western ladies as friends who have lived with guys, decided not to work any more since they wanted to discover "themselves". This usually meant a high expense for yoga, tradional pottery making, water colour painting, wine making from weeds (I am not joking) discovering what season they are??? etc etc.

They embark on these crusades for a few weeks until they become confused on why we wanted them to do it?? When you tell them they are just like the Thai girls who are kept women they respond "I am not a #=+$% like them" So its not only how western women (not all) view themselves or how they see themselves vis a vis with the competition.

A few threads have been entered on how Thai women are more (or less) feminine than western women. Up to the eye of the beholder, I would imagine?

Most ex-pats (that I know? So apologies if it comes across I am trying to speak for all, I am not) who live here and have Thai GF/wife are well educated and enjoy a good income, not the type of guy to go for poorly educated, high cost etc women.

What they do go for is what they never had/needed or if they did in small amounts from western women. Not saying western women are more selfish than Thai women its just they appear (to me) to think less of their men than the Thai does.

I was married for 22years, still support my wife and two children (21 & 23 both men) but my wife did not like me coming home to the UK since I disrupted her routine, hobbies, commitments to cat's charities etc.

Do not have have any animosity towards western women, but when I hear women from their mid 30' up saying "Over my dead body" and washing their dirty linen in public, I despair. Women from my mothers era, my aunts, even female tutors had that special something that sadly seems now lost???

Owing to the care I shown and displayed owing to her medical operations, my wife said I made her feel loved, sadly I was never made to feel the same, until I met Keaw. Took three years to meet the right person, if she came from the West then good but the social graces and manners of the East are more to my liking.

These inane dribbles have went on far too long so aplogies to all.

Looks like you missed the rest of the post:

But those are my tastes and I certainly don't expect anyone else to share them nor do I condemn anyone who doesn't, nor do I attack western men simply because they aren't my taste.

I didn't say that western men were unattractive, just that I don't find them so. They aren't my personal taste.

Seems to me that some men have mixed up their personal relationship messes with how they perceive a very large percentage of the western world and frankly, I find that kind of sad. To condemn someone before you even know them simply because they fit the description of your bad experience (ie all western women) is to miss out on alot of the friendship that is out there.

Like I said before, I have alot of western male friends, and I love them dearly. They just aren't the type I find attractive. Lots of women out there like hairy big guys. I don't. So what? Who cares? Why does it matter? Why would I have to then denigrate any man out there who isn't my type just to validate my own personal taste?

I read your post, but you stated what you don't like about western men, and the men here say what they dislike about western women.

Your arguments are the same

Western men are too fat

Western women are too fat

western men are too macho

western women are too macho(read independent minded, masculine)

Can you detect a pattern?

The basic arguments are the same.

I think people should be free to choose who they are with, irrespective of size, or machoness, or the amount of hair on a person's body. So in effect I am supporting your argument that a person is free to choose and people shouldn't denigrate one another.

PS  Why are you fixated on big fat hairy guys?

Can't you just say guys?

Pampal, I guess I should say sorry to all you hairy guys out there, I've been married to a Thai man for so long, hairy just puts me off :o

But I must add, you don't also see my talking about it all the time either, nor do you see every post I have made in this thread talking about western men and their bad attitudes, how they are all money grubbing, how they are all aggressive etc etc. I stated my tastes to make a point, that those are my tastes and really have no bearing on how I view or how I treat a western man.

But maybe this is a male/female thing. I don't view every guy I meet as a potential mate or bed partner. Perhaps many men do, I don't know. Perhaps this is why so many men are unable to separate their bad experience in a relationship from all western women. Again, I don't know. And frankly, I don't understand.

I'm not trying to slagg off fat men -- but I've definitely observed that a non-trivial amount of farang men in BKK are overweight, which hardly puts them in a position to criticize the weight and appearance of farang women.

I'm athletic built - am I allowed to?

Tut tut very bad TokyoT! Hahaha.

His mother is Chinese his father a foreigner,best of both worlds.As to which half he is Chinese gee I will have to ask him......are we degenerating into a culture bashing session here T T? My husband has nothing to do with the thread topic.

Cultural bashing? Why I never…. Why have you heard something negative about half a Chinese man?

I travel to China on a fairly regular basis and the most negative thing I can think of his the spitting in restaurants - Talk about unappetizing.

And I think maybe your husband is in a way related to this thread – I think he might have some interesting things to say on the topic of western women.

All in good fun Momo, all in good fun.

Wait a min... Chinese mother...., foreigner father...., best of both worlds....hey maybe this does have something to do with the OP?