Quit Smoking Counter

vidal

Hi Smokers/Non-smokers,

My target is to quit smoking this week 31 october, brrrrr tomorrow on my birthday! and It will be very hard!...I guess, so, I've made a personal site for it: xxxxxxxxxxx, Just fill in the day you stopped and the counter measures smoking cessation and the length of time the person has stopped smoking + the money you saved and the days that you will life longer!

Kind regards

Vidal de Wit

You could also get my 'HOWLONG' counter which calculates weeks,days,hours etc since you gave up. It also works in reverse to calculate when you will be going home to die!!

Available free in the Software forum on Thai Visa.

Colin

I don't envy anyone who just stops. I did in Jan 84 and went through 6 months of hel_l, mainly like someone coming down off heroin or crack cocaine. I eventually got through it but will always remember it. I was smoking three packs per day, Pall Mall Long, no filter per day. If you have the will power, you can do it. Sometimes people say that they can't quit. They can if they try. But the byword is try. The hardest part of stopping was going to a bar and not smoking while drinking. What do you do with that empty hand? Here is the LOL, grab a girl and find one who does not like to smoke. It can be done and I wish anyone stopping like I did good luck. You can do it but it is not going to be easy.

Yep, I need to Evolve too. I jokingly asked my 3 year old daughter what she would like for her birthday, she said, "I want you no smoking papa" I know her mother helped her with the reply but it really got the message across. I'm open to any and all advice!!

I stopped by also getting rid of other unhealty habits. like coffee and booze. After meals, or anything that would give me cravings, I would drink a bottle of water and when I woke up. I jogged a few miles. I also chewed gum to help at first. My wife would have kicked me in the groin if she smelled it on me.

You can do it!

I think there are many ways to give up, tho willpower/cold turkey may be one of the less effective.

Smoking is a serious & life-threatening addiction, so needs to be treated as such.

I tried many things (hypnotherapy 3 times, Alan Carr, willpower, meditation, et al) and the one that finally worked - after 30 years - was Gillian Riley's book "How To Stop Smoking & Stay Stopped for Good".

Addiction seems to live in the frontal cortex, & the book allows you to retrain the FC to not be addicted.

You have to face your addiction (not be distracted from it) and choose not to smoke.

I had one night of cold sweats, a week of on/off pangs - then nothing for the 2 years since. Not bad for a 30-year on-off smoker.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
May I just add my grandfather died of the ripe old age of 113 years he smoked 3 packs a day and drunk

a bottle of gin or what ever it was every day. Could all your experts explain to me why he did not die any younger?

Some people are just lucky.

On the other hand it is possible that if he had never smoked and drank a lot less he may have made it to 120.

Who is to know?

I don't think anyone in their right mind believes smoking and drinking large amounts will never have an effect on a person. Some people are affected more than others is all.