Ride On Car

tigerbeer

My son loves this. Bought one from Tesco's for like THB865 but its all broken now. Made of cheap parts and hence only lasted about 6 months. is there anywhere in chiangmai that I can find something of better quality and that would last for years?

TB..

post-29436-1194504754_thumb.jpg

Could you salvage the usable parts and take them along with a picture to your local metal worker and have one made to order? Your imagination is your limit – customise it to the Nth degree and your son will love it, and you, forever! :D

put in "nitro", ABS, traction control while i'm at it ? :o

good idea though! thanks. now any ideas of where i can find this "local metal worker"?

You expect quality toys at cheapo prices? Whatever next, top quality furniture that lasts forever at knockdown prices :o

Metal worker - head down sridonchai rd from the moat. turn right at the imperial, take the left over the small klong. about 50m on the left.

btw, by the time you've got it fixed your son will be wanting one of those motorized quads at amorn - small one only 9,900 bt!!

Could you salvage the usable parts and take them along with a picture to your local metal worker and have one made to order? Your imagination is your limit – customise it to the Nth degree and your son will love it, and you, forever! :D

put in "nitro", ABS, traction control while i'm at it ? :D

good idea though! thanks. now any ideas of where i can find this "local metal worker"?

Pop out and visit with the bits and pieces as well as the plan. Given a bit of forward planning (and yes that is possible here in LOS) it can be done in a few hours for a couple of hundred baht :o

You expect quality toys at cheapo prices? Whatever next, top quality furniture that lasts forever at knockdown prices :D

Metal worker - head down sridonchai rd from the moat. turn right at the imperial, take the left over the small klong. about 50m on the left.

btw, by the time you've got it fixed your son will be wanting one of those motorized quads at amorn - small one only 9,900 bt!!

thanks .............. i wouldn't mind paying for one of those Radio Flyers from USA :o. good stuff ... lasts forever.

I WANT ONE!! :o

JxP

come to daddy................ :D

Now you've scared me!

Seriously though, if you find a metalworker who does the job well could you pass on their details. I haven't tried to find one yet but I've got a couple of little projects waiting for me to get a round tuwit (seriously rare those round tuwits!). Having a recommendation of someone that could do the metal work might push me into action.

JxP

My son loves this. Bought one from Tesco's for like THB865 but its all broken now. Made of cheap parts and hence only lasted about 6 months. is there anywhere in chiangmai that I can find something of better quality and that would last for years?

TB..

Ahhh the sequence of boys toys:

the before post-36525-1194581427_thumb.jpg

Then when TG gets it back from Somchai's home mechanical repair shop Chiang Mai

post-36525-1194581572_thumb.jpg

just one of five I have owned, raced, destroyed :D, sold as spare parts and scrap :D

Then one day you will read a copy of the US mag "Off Road Baja" and go suicidal and get .............. THE BAJA DISEASE.

This is a Sirocco and when I first bought it it had a 1200cc VW motor - soon upgraded to a 1500cc which blew up under extreme provocation :D, got and rebuilt a second hand 1,800 cc VW (anyone picking up the sequence yet?) and then THE SUBURU 1800cc boxer motor - FWAAAAAAAAAAAAAR! In it's last incarnation it had a twin turbo Suburu 1,800cc motor and was capable of racing at 180 to 200 kph off road.

These are the before photos - note it is all clean and shiny and new :D

post-36525-1194581964_thumb.jpgpost-36525-1194581933_thumb.jpg[attachmen

t=45888:1800baja_front.jpg]post-36525-1194581964_thumb.jpgpost-36525-1194582006_thumb.jpg

I will try and find an after photo from the Great Desert Open outside of Alice Springs - 1,000km across open desert then an over night party to do those minor repairs that need to be done on a race like that :o and 1,000km BACK to the Alice - 2,000 km cross country in two days - oh the joy. On my return leg I came round a corner and straight into a herd of camels at about 140kph - the buggy spun off and became embedded into a gum tree - I think I still have the Xrays of my flail chest.

Good fun though :bah:

CB

post-36525-1194581883_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...