Help Required With Injured Dog

MartinBKK

I got home tonight and outside my house was a dog with a sore leg. His paw looks like it has been mangled somehow and he must be in terrible pain. I assume he is a soi sog but he looks well fed and is fairly clean. He is also very friendly with a placid temperament.

If he sticks around until tomorrow i would like to take him to the vet to sort his leg out. The problem is i dont have a car so dont know how i would transport him there. Are there any taxis who would agree to take him? Anyone know of a private guy who would be willing to?

Anyone who could offer me any advice at all then i really would be very grateful - i hate seeing animals in distress.

Many thanks.

I got home tonight and outside my house was a dog with a sore leg. His paw looks like it has been mangled somehow and he must be in terrible pain. I assume he is a soi sog but he looks well fed and is fairly clean. He is also very friendly with a placid temperament.

If he sticks around until tomorrow i would like to take him to the vet to sort his leg out. The problem is i dont have a car so dont know how i would transport him there. Are there any taxis who would agree to take him? Anyone know of a private guy who would be willing to?

Anyone who could offer me any advice at all then i really would be very grateful - i hate seeing animals in distress.

Many thanks.

If the dog is in terrible pain you can try to hire a red taxi or a tuk tuk and take him to the small animal hospital. They have an emergency, just left from the main door (you need to ring the bell) and they are open 24hrs a day. If or when you do it might be better for your own safety to tie his mouth, as dogs in pain can bite. And besides the pain and the risk on infection from a bite you don't know if the dog received rabies vaccination.

When the mouth is tight you can also have a careful look at the paw and see if there is an open wound, bleeding or the like.

Wish you good luck,

Nienke

Many thanks.

I can probably take you. Where are you located? Do you know which vet clinic you'd like to go to?

Hello. Thank you for the responses.

I have no idea which clinic i would like to go to i really dont mind at all. I am located in the Sansai area however i will see if the dog is still here tomorrow. I have given him something to eat and some water - he is now sitting on my porch i can't let him inside as i have a cat. I hope he is still there tomorrow and i will get him to the vet somehow. I don't think he is in that much pain that it cant wait until tomorrow.

If i have a problem finding transport i will send you a PM Lannarebirth. Many thanks for your kind offer and also thanks to Nienke for the information regarding the animal hospital. If you could let me know exactly where it is Nienke then i might take him to that one.

Thanks again.

As you are going today, you can go to several clinics. Many open at 9 am.

In Sansai there are several clinics. The ones I know of of are:

* opposite the Sansai market on the CM-Doi saket road.

* at the intersection of the middle ringroad and the CM-Doi Saket road. if you cme form Doi Saket witht eh Sansai market on your right, turn right at the intersection. After 50 to 100 meter (I'm pretty bad in estimation) the clinic is on your left.

Small Animal Hopsital is on the canal road next to the PTT petrol station and the entrance of CMU.

Nienke

UPDATE

Took the dog to the vet today. She said i could amputate her leg or treat the wound and bandage it. With the latter there is a chance that will wound will not heal properly and there will be further problems in the future. However not being the dogs owner i didn't feel it was fair for me to make the decision to amputate her leg so i told the vet to treat the wound which she did. I hope the dog stays around because in the next few days i have to take her back to change the bandage again. I really cant have a dog because i have a cat already and although i love animals a great deal i just can't have the responsibility. I just hope i can get her leg a bit better so she isn't in pain all the time. If anyone is interested in taking her i can say that i have never seen a Soi dog with such a placid and friendly temperament - she would make a really loving companion. Please contact me if you are interested.

Thank you to all who offered help - it was very much appreciated.

Edited by MartinBKK

UPDATE

Took the dog to the vet today. She said i could amputate her leg or treat the wound and bandage it. With the latter there is a chance that will wound will not heal properly and there will be further problems in the future. However not being the dogs owner i didn't feel it was fair for me to make the decision to amputate her leg so i told the vet to treat the wound which she did. I hope the dog stays around because in the next few days i have to take her back to change the bandage again. I really cant have a dog because i have a cat already and although i love animals a great deal i just can't have the responsibility. I just hope i can get her leg a bit better so she isn't in pain all the time. If anyone is interested in taking her i can say that i have never seen a Soi dog with such a placid and friendly temperament - she would make a really loving companion. Please contact me if you are interested.

Thank you to all who offered help - it was very much appreciated.

Well, good on ya Martin, and I hope someone looking for a gentle dog adopts this one you've cared for. I'm a bit over my limit at present, with 11 dogs, 4 cats, a pig and countless chickens. Best to you.