Non Imm B/ Work Permit

A friend of mine is a Chinese Passport Holder and as such requires a Malaysian Visa to go to Penang to obtain a new Non Imm B Visa. This visa takes 3 days to issue.

Now to the heart of my question, Her Non Imm B and work permit expires on the 20th November and she has all the paperwork ready to make an attempt at a one year visa at Penang, however, her Malaysian tourist visa will not be ready until the afternoon of the 14th November. So the thought was to fly to Penang on the eveing of the 14th, submit her application in the Thai Consulate on the morning of the 15th (Thursday) and all being well. take the return trip to Bangkok on the late afternoon of the 16th (Friday). Unfortunately all flights seem to be fully booked.

HOWEVER, if she travels to Penang on the Sunday (18th) and gets her visa on the Tuesday afternoon (20th) and returns to BKK on the 21st, her work permit will have expired the day before.

Can anyone tell me if there is an allowance in time for a work permit to be expired before the whole system cuts out and a NEW work permit has to be applied for.

As I say her Non Imm B visa will be renewed on the same day her old one expires, but what about the work permit ????

Now to the heart of my question, Her Non Imm B and work permit expires on the 20th November and she has all the paperwork ready to make an attempt at a one year visa at Penang, however, her Malaysian tourist visa will not be ready until the afternoon of the 14th November. So the thought was to fly to Penang on the eveing of the 14th, submit her application in the Thai Consulate on the morning of the 15th (Thursday) and all being well. take the return trip to Bangkok on the late afternoon of the 16th (Friday). Unfortunately all flights seem to be fully booked.

AirAsia's 07.25 flight FD3543 from Bangkok arrives at Penang at 10.05 and there are seats available for the 15th.

AirAsia's 14.15 flight FD3545 from Bangkok arrives at Penang at 16.55 and there are seats available for the 14th.

AirAsia's 07.25 flight FD3543 from Bangkok arrives at Penang at 10.05 and there are seats available for the 15th.

AirAsia's 14.15 flight FD3545 from Bangkok arrives at Penang at 16.55 and there are seats available for the 14th.

Thanks for the info, but as I pointed out, the afternoon flight on the 14th is not possible due to the Malaysian Visa not being savailable for collection until after 1430.

As for the early flight on the 15th, yes it was an option but very very tight indeed as the Thai Consulate only accepts applications before11.30am. If Air Asia have a delay then the window will firmly close, which would then have a domino effect on booked return flights. Please check the return flights and you will see they are full, even TG

Quote from the last page of an actual work permit:

"Before a permit expires and the permit holder wishes to continue working, he shall apply for renewal of the permit prior to its expiration. Any violation thereof shall be liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding three months or to a fine not exceeding five thousand Baht or both".

Thanks for the info, but as I pointed out, the afternoon flight on the 14th is not possible due to the Malaysian Visa not being savailable for collection until after 1430.

As for the early flight on the 15th, yes it was an option but very very tight indeed as the Thai Consulate only accepts applications before11.30am. If Air Asia have a delay then the window will firmly close, which would then have a domino effect on booked return flights. Please check the return flights and you will see they are full, even TG

She's left her planning for the last minute so there's always going to be an element of risk now, no matter what solution is presented. Is there a reason she can't take the train back from Butterworth?