Power Cable Theft

Loom

In the area where my wife owns a house, theft of the power cable running from the street to house is becoming a popular past time. About four incidents in the past six months or so.

We were wondering if putting the cable underground would help solve the problem or if there would be any way set an alarm?

Any ideas?

In answer to my own question, the power company in Chiang Mai said that they also have had a growing problem with copper wire theft in recent months. A few meters would be worth Bt200 or so following the spike in copper prices over the past few years.

Yes, a neighbor who had his overhead wires stolen a few days ago had underground cable installed and this should reduce the risk.

The cable used for underground installation is different (probably more expensive) than cable strung overhead. The hardware supply shops in town should have it and power company staff would do the installation. Might as well get the cable for TV, phone and possible surveillance equipment done at the same time.

There have been multiple thefts of power cable for some property owners in our area over the years.

I'd like to see them steal some cable at this place ..

This is what happens at the sub stations when they open the switches.

http://www.killsometime.com/video/video.asp?ID=104

Even here in Perth, Western Australia, the druggies are knocking off copper water pipes

all over the place.

Scrap metal dealers are paying cash for copper and looking the other way!

I'd like to see them steal some cable at this place ..

This is what happens at the sub stations when they open the switches.

http://www.killsometime.com/video/video.asp?ID=104

Even here in Perth, Western Australia, the druggies are knocking off copper water pipes

all over the place.

Scrap metal dealers are paying cash for copper and looking the other way!

Yeah...a few people getting zapped with something like that would discourage the practice!!

Anyone wishing to sell some copper PM me for a great rate. >1 tonne please.

:o:D:D:D

quite often when we get people selling bulk amounts of cable to us, we wonder where it came from but then we think about the profit we will make and that makes it all better. Welcome to Thailand!!!

:D:D:D:D

quite often when we get people selling bulk amounts of cable to us, we wonder where it came from but then we think about the profit we will make and that makes it all better. Welcome to Thailand!!!

Until the day the police roll up & confiscate it all with no compensation......

Welcome to Thailand!!! :o

:D:D:D:D

Until the day the police roll up & confiscate it all with no compensation......

Welcome to Thailand!!! :o

touche :bah: