Highlights Issue

RoyalOrchid

Hi there,

I've tried many hair salons in Bangkok (including Jazzing Hair, Shwing, Chetta, which I found on ThaiVisa forums), but my highlights last just a few washes... :o I never had this problem in faranglands, highlights always lasted at least 4-6 months, in fact just the hair grew, but the highlights remained almost the same. Here, every place I go, highlights dissapear almost immediately... :D Do they use maybe cheap and low quality products? Or they make it so that you will visit them again sooner? Another issue is that it seems that local hairstylists are afraid of using blond color, every time I ask them to make it blond they will do it honey-blond, yellowish or anything else but pure blond. Can anyone please reccommend some places were they had good experience with highlights? I know, choices are limited now, since I probably have been to the most famous salons (famous at least on the ThaiVisa forums..) Thank's! :D

They can't be using bleach, just a colour to make it look lighter. Try and find someone who speaks fairly good english and explain that you want them to bleach your hair. I had some highlights done here a few years back and they were very good. Try and find a good colourist and if you manage it let us know.

Hi there,

I've tried many hair salons in Bangkok (including Jazzing Hair, Shwing, Chetta, which I found on ThaiVisa forums), but my highlights last just a few washes... :o I never had this problem in faranglands, highlights always lasted at least 4-6 months, in fact just the hair grew, but the highlights remained almost the same. Here, every place I go, highlights dissapear almost immediately... :D Do they use maybe cheap and low quality products? Or they make it so that you will visit them again sooner? Another issue is that it seems that local hairstylists are afraid of using blond color, every time I ask them to make it blond they will do it honey-blond, yellowish or anything else but pure blond. Can anyone please reccommend some places were they had good experience with highlights? I know, choices are limited now, since I probably have been to the most famous salons (famous at least on the ThaiVisa forums..) Thank's! :D

Just to add I had blond (2 colour) highlights with Nikki at Schwing and was very happy with them. I had them done last April/May and they are still in now, although of course now my hair has grown a lot and the roots are no longer highlighted. I plan to have them done again Jan/Feb as I don't want my hair to get too dry. I took in a pic from a magazine and made a point of saying I wanted subtle highlights which look natural, rather than the "I just got my hair highlighted" look.

I was VERY pleased. Hope you find what you are looking for..... :D

Hi there,

Just to add I had blond (2 colour) highlights with Nikki at Schwing and was very happy with them. I had them done last April/May and they are still in now, although of course now my hair has grown a lot and the roots are no longer highlighted. I plan to have them done again Jan/Feb as I don't want my hair to get too dry. I took in a pic from a magazine and made a point of saying I wanted subtle highlights which look natural, rather than the "I just got my hair highlighted" look.

I was VERY pleased. Hope you find what you are looking for..... :D

I also got my highlights and haircut done by Nikki early in July and they were almost totally gone by beginning of August. That happened to me quite few times before. I also ask for two colors of highlights (one blond and one honey-natural) and if I have show a picture or point on the colors in the magazines to avoid any misunderstandings. I like Nikki's work and his highlights are very natural, the problem is though that I don't mind to look as "Just being highlighted" for few days, as at least I know that later it will settle to the normal natural look, then to look natural right away and then look without anything at all later the same month...My "strategy" now is to have it done abroad (although sometimes it is more expensive) and have a peace of mind for quite some time. :D