Cutting An Employee's Salary

Thanks guys, I'm thinking that the best approach is to do as much of this as possible over the phone... no paper trail to come back and bite me in the booty. :o

good to hear you are sorted.

Contact your agents and say effective immediately she is no longer with this company. If they ask why, say you are not at liberty to comment and you and your staff have nil contact with her.

It is then obvious something happened, but no point in implying anything, as why play the blame game/drag things down; you start slagging people off behind their back (and it will probably end up coming back to her) and that is what starts retribution.

You may even anger some of the agents who were her friends. Keep professional.

YOu have so far.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just sent out a bunch of emails with the following:

"Please be advised that (former employee) no longer works with (our company). I won't go into details, but her employment was terminated on Saturday the 26th of April. She no longer represents (our company) or our interests."

That's all I said and if inquiries come back asking for more details I'll ask them to contact me by phone so there's no written proof of what I said. I seriously doubt anyone would want more info other than perhaps some good friends who wouldn't tell her anything anyway.

Thanks again for all of the very help advice!

i think thats the right way to go about it Galong. well done. good riddance to her i say!

Thanks Donna...

Your recent case and mine show that being a foreigner doesn't necessarily mean that you're not going to get a fair shot at justice. Yours unfortunately had to go all the way to court whereas mine was done by a Thai lawyer who didn't speak a word of English (thus testing my Thai), but he saw that what happened was unfair and fought for me. And, as it didn't take as much time nor effort as he thought it might, he gave me a 10,000 Baht discount!! How cool is that! :o

My faith in the judicial system in Thailand is at an all-time high.

Thank you for posting this story and following it up with the end result Galong, this and Donna's experience show us how to do things correctly. In spite of some of the well intentioned advise given here there is often a gap between theory and reality. It is nice to get a good dose of the real. :o

Thank you for posting this story and following it up with the end result Galong, this and Donna's experience show us how to do things correctly. In spite of some of the well intentioned advise given here there is often a gap between theory and reality. It is nice to get a good dose of the real. :o

I feel very satisfied with the way everything turned out. In the distant past I was once in trouble for something I didn't do and it was only due to some powerful connections that I got out of trouble. I really didn't like going that route. I would have preferred to seek justice through the proper channels.

I think (feel) that the judicial system is maturing here and that foreigners actually can rely on the police, Thai attorneys and the judicial system if it goes that far. I know there are still examples of abuse and discrimination... that's happening around the world, but the overall feeling is that things are looking up.

Thanks a lot for your note!

• 1 month later...

I feel very satisfied with the way everything turned out. In the distant past I was once in trouble for something I didn't do and it was only due to some powerful connections that I got out of trouble. I really didn't like going that route. I would have preferred to seek justice through the proper channels.

I think (feel) that the judicial system is maturing here and that foreigners actually can rely on the police, Thai attorneys and the judicial system if it goes that far. I know there are still examples of abuse and discrimination... that's happening around the world, but the overall feeling is that things are looking up.

Hi, tongue in cheek I have to ask just how much has this lady repayed you to date?

My guess is nothing or very next to nothing.

Roy Gsd

Hi, tongue in cheek I have to ask just how much has this lady repayed you to date?

My guess is nothing or very next to nothing.

Roy Gsd

Hey Roy,

58,000 Baht was the 'pay off' with the stipulation that if she does anything to mess with our company we'll go back for the past three years and start picking all of the accounting apart. Plus, if anything happens to me or my wife, she's the primary suspect... just in case she wants to get back at us for her losing face. My accountant recommended that I let it go at this even though we all know that she took more than 58,000 baht and that it would be fairly easy to figure out just how.

I did get the satisfaction of telling her just what I thought of her. That was worth a lot.