Multi Entry "o" On What Grounds?

I shall be returning to Thailand in Feb 08 with my 3 year old Thai/British daughter,my wife I presume will stay in the UK until her settlement visa expires in April 08.

We are still married and plan to get a divorce in Thailand when and if my wife return to her home country,should I apply for my multi entry "O" on the grounds i am married or on the grounds that I am to support and take care of our daughter?

I plan to stay a few years so my daughter can learn the Thai language at school and experience the culture.

Which ever one I go for what are the implications when I come to apply for a one year extension for myself and if I need to go Penang after the extension expires will I be granted a multi "o" on the grounds "supporting Thai citizen"

Should I draft a consent form for my wife to sign allowing me free movement with my daughter in and out of Thailand and England if and when this is needed?

Would I have any problems leaving Thailand with my daughter when the time came to return to the UK?(I have both my daughters passports)

Any other thoughts and questions on this delicate matter would be appreciated

Once issued the multi entry non immigrant O visa is generic so you can use either reason to obtain. But you do have a problem later as there is no provision to support a Thai for extensions of stay. There is a provision for accompany a foreign student using 500k in a Thai bank account that might be usable if she obtains an ED visa on UK passport. Believe you should have lawyer put wording into divorce agreement about child's status for travel question; but recommend legal consul on that.

I shall be returning to Thailand in Feb 08 with my 3 year old Thai/British daughter,my wife I presume will stay in the UK until her settlement visa expires in April 08.

We are still married and plan to get a divorce in Thailand when and if my wife return to her home country,should I apply for my multi entry "O" on the grounds i am married or on the grounds that I am to support and take care of our daughter?

I plan to stay a few years so my daughter can learn the Thai language at school and experience the culture.

Which ever one I go for what are the implications when I come to apply for a one year extension for myself and if I need to go Penang after the extension expires will I be granted a multi "o" on the grounds "supporting Thai citizen"

Should I draft a consent form for my wife to sign allowing me free movement with my daughter in and out of Thailand and England if and when this is needed?

Would I have any problems leaving Thailand with my daughter when the time came to return to the UK?(I have both my daughters passports)

Any other thoughts and questions on this delicate matter would be appreciated

My question is, how long you plan you stay in Thailand and have ur daughter obtain the passport as yet, if yes what passport she holding, thai or british? How old is she?

As to clarify the Non-O visa cate, it's for supporting Thai Wife and children (both or one) but it does require the qualification of the application as well.

"My question is, how long you plan you stay in Thailand and have ur daughter obtain the passport as yet, if yes what passport she holding, thai or british? How old is she?"

Four questions here, all answered in the original post. Did you even read it?

I think lopburi3's advice is sound.

I would just state, "visiting family" as the reason. for the multi-entry visa.

No problem about the child leaving the UK on the UK passport then entering Thailand on the Thai passport.

A notorised letter of consent is a good idea, just in case you hit any problems.

Unlikely I know, but better to be forewarned.

Have you agreed custody arrangements for after the divorce?

Once in Thailand you are at the mercy of Thai officials, if your wife decides to get nasty.