What A Waste Of Time!

Tatler

Maybe start a pole suggesting that perhaps .....Yala, Pattani and Narathiwat should be returned to their rightfull owners ..Malaysia.......could it...will it...should it.........?MKJ

or say summit a bit more contro............ :o ....

Maybe start a pole suggesting that perhaps .....Yala, Pattani and Narathiwat should be returned to their rightfull owners ..Malaysia.......could it...will it...should it.........?MKJ

or say summit a bit more contro............ :o ....

I for one would like to read a truly unbiased account of the facts. Some Thais Ive quizzed even feel that a lot more of Malaysia rightfully belongs to Thailand given away by us Brits.

What is so important with these 3 provinces?? why does Thailand want to keep them?? For the Thai goverment they are a pain in the backside that only cause embarrassment in the international media!! i would cut the electricity and water and let them have their own State!! ungrateful bunch of.............. :o

What is so important with these 3 provinces?? why does Thailand want to keep them?? For the Thai goverment they are a pain in the backside that only cause embarrassment in the international media!! i would cut the electricity and water and let them have their own State!! ungrateful bunch of.............. :o

The question concerning the 3 provinces is very complex. Historically,at one time or another, they were independent states/kingdoms (as Kingdom of Patani), states under the protection of the Thai crown,an outright part of the Kingdom of Siam (or vassal states), and a part of Hindu-Buddhist kingdom of Srivijaya (which, at its peak, extended an area covering almost all of the Malay Archipelago and the Malay Ismuth, including most if not all of southern Thailand). So I'm surprised Indonesia hasn't made a claim on these 3 provinces yet as the centre of Srivijaya Kingdom was on Sumatra. hahaha :D

I'll skip the religious question, which frankly I'm not qualified to discuss.

And why doesn't Thailand want to get rid of thee 3 pesky provinces? There is this small matter of the two large gas fields offshore from the provinces which will become fully operational next year.(In fact, one of the

m is already operational.) If the 3 provinces go, new maritime borders will have to be mapped. Sounds familar? Well, think Timor l'Este! nuff said!

peace, out!

I'd love for this suggestion (although cruel) to be carried out... just to see what will happen. I bet the happenings in the 3 Southern most provinces are created as a huge diversion... for maybe smuggling things from both countries by politicians perhaps?? Who knows?!

I agree, there seems to be new members and there are a few more interesting posts on the forum now. Hope it will continue :o:D

It's funny that you came here to whinge about nothing rather than actually contribute something interesting......... It's ironic that it actually might have worked.

I agree, there seems to be new members and there are a few more interesting posts on the forum now. Hope it will continue :D:D

It's funny that you came here to whinge about nothing rather than actually contribute something interesting......... It's ironic that it actually might have worked.

:o In the interest of keeping this forum going, and interesting, I would like to say that anyone not living in Chumpon sucks.

I agree, there seems to be new members and there are a few more interesting posts on the forum now. Hope it will continue :D:D

:o In the interest of keeping this forum going, and interesting, I would like to say that anyone not living in Chumpon sucks.

But that can't be true!! I'm anti-suck! ........ wait........ WHAT I am saying???

Ya, I've been really lucky here. Thailand for 14 years and Chumpon for 3 and I can say it's the best place I've been to.Fresh,clean air.Incredible beaches,fishing,diving,best seafood in Thailand,gorgeous parks,hills and waterfalls, only a few hours away from either Gulf or Andaman islands.Laid back,friendly people and easy travel connections as everything going north and south has to come through here. Drawbacks are no Tesco style shopping and no entertainment ( movies,clubs,music,etc..) but if you hook up with the right people then you can make you're own. BBQ's on the beach, golf and house parties abound. Unfortunately I'll be leaving in March for different work but will be returning on vacations as much as possible when I can as my in laws are here. You mentioned you tried to find work here. I'm pretty connected in town and may be able to help you out if you want.PM me if you're interested.

So, as I said before, if it's not Chumpon,IT'S CRAP!!

Ya, I've been really lucky here. Thailand for 14 years and Chumpon for 3 and I can say it's the best place I've been to.Fresh,clean air.Incredible beaches,fishing,diving,best seafood in Thailand,gorgeous parks,hills and waterfalls, only a few hours away from either Gulf or Andaman islands.Laid back,friendly people and easy travel connections as everything going north and south has to come through here. Drawbacks are no Tesco style shopping and no entertainment ( movies,clubs,music,etc..) but if you hook up with the right people then you can make you're own. BBQ's on the beach, golf and house parties abound. Unfortunately I'll be leaving in March for different work but will be returning on vacations as much as possible when I can as my in laws are here. You mentioned you tried to find work here. I'm pretty connected in town and may be able to help you out if you want.PM me if you're interested.

So, as I said before, if it's not Chumpon,IT'S CRAP!!

did we meet at a wedding last December?

Where is the Southern forum?? for the number of people that live here its boring to see nothing new every day on this forum :D:D maybe better to close it :o:D

When Thai Visa will organize the first party down here in Hat Yai, then the boycott of the southern forum will be called off! :D

Where is the Southern forum?? for the number of people that live here its boring to see nothing new every day on this forum :D:D maybe better to close it :o:D

When Thai Visa will organize the first party down here in Hat Yai, then the boycott of the southern forum will be called off! :D

Why would the party be in Hat Yai??

Oil fields.... ;-)