Hsbc Bank Transfer – How Much?

Mig15

If you are going to be doing regular transfers it might be worth checking out the HSBC premier service. If you have over 50K with them its free but otherwise you pay a monthly charge of £20. However I think if you are a premier customer in Bangkok it costs 500 baht a month.

But this gives you free transfers as well as loads of other benefits like free travel insurence (theres £70 odd per annum already).

I had to go to HSBC in Bkk today and the premier section is like the business class lounge. You sit in club seats and are served coffee etc whilst they do your banking stuff!! No queueing etc.

I keep my money in the UK earning interest and transfer a couple of times a month all free of charge to my savings account here ( a non resident account) which was set up for me when I was in the UK. I get an atm card and draw cash as i need it. One drawback is HSBC don't do a debit card in Thailand but thats not a massive problem.

If you are going to be doing regular transfers it might be worth checking out the HSBC premier service. If you have over 50K with them its free but otherwise you pay a monthly charge of £20. However I think if you are a premier customer in Bangkok it costs 500 baht a month.

But this gives you free transfers as well as loads of other benefits like free travel insurence (theres £70 odd per annum already).

I had to go to HSBC in Bkk today and the premier section is like the business class lounge. You sit in club seats and are served coffee etc whilst they do your banking stuff!! No queueing etc.

I keep my money in the UK earning interest and transfer a couple of times a month all free of charge to my savings account here ( a non resident account) which was set up for me when I was in the UK. I get an atm card and draw cash as i need it. One drawback is HSBC don't do a debit card in Thailand but thats not a massive problem.

I have an HSBC Premier account in UK and they have always charged me thirty pounds to do a transfer to an account in Thailand, including to my HSBC account here.

Ironically you get given a Premier account if you have credits in the account over a certain sum and if you are desperately in debt with a massive mortgage. They make money from and love both sorts!

Last summer I made three transfers from HSBC in UK to my Thai bank account. Once my Thai bank credited my account. Twice without explanation it just returned the money to UK. (The account nimbers were correct as they used the same template that had already worked.)

TIT!