Info On Cheap Condo Projects In Bkk

I'm looking for information about cheap (up to 3 million baht) freehold condo projects in Bangkok. I live in Phuket, but rent a condo in BKK since I go to university in BKK for 1 day each week. Additionally, my wife and our kids use this apartment on occasions.

Since I'm in Thailand for the longterm, it seems more sensible to actually purchase a condo. However, although I have a reasonable income each month, I have little savings and (as a foreigner), cannot realistically get a mortgage.

So I'm thinking of buying a condo off-plan, whereby I have some 1 or 2 years to pay the installments on the purchase cost whilst the condo is being constructed.

Location is not too important, so long as there is access to BTS or MRTA stations. Size of the condo is also not important, so a studio or 1 bedroom apartment is fine. The condo project must allow for foreign freehold ownership, (I want to buy in my name in the unlikely event that I am not with my wife in the distant future).

Does anyone have details of such condo projects??

Thanks

Simon

I'm looking for information about cheap (up to 3 million baht) freehold condo projects in Bangkok. I live in Phuket, but rent a condo in BKK since I go to university in BKK for 1 day each week. Additionally, my wife and our kids use this apartment on occasions.

Since I'm in Thailand for the longterm, it seems more sensible to actually purchase a condo. However, although I have a reasonable income each month, I have little savings and (as a foreigner), cannot realistically get a mortgage.

So I'm thinking of buying a condo off-plan, whereby I have some 1 or 2 years to pay the installments on the purchase cost whilst the condo is being constructed.

Location is not too important, so long as there is access to BTS or MRTA stations. Size of the condo is also not important, so a studio or 1 bedroom apartment is fine. The condo project must allow for foreign freehold ownership, (I want to buy in my name in the unlikely event that I am not with my wife in the distant future).

Does anyone have details of such condo projects??

Thanks

Simon

There are dozens of them for sale at On Nut Soi 52 BTS, next to Lotus. See on Thai Visa real estate, many for 3 mil. building by Plus Property, not bad.

There are also a few near Rama IX / Rachadapisek that have launched or are about to launch that are worth checking out. I hear prices are in the region of Baht 40,000 per sqm, which sounds like a relatively good deal for this locale.

I just bought a 43 sq meter 1 bedroom at the SenseCondo for a bit over 2 milion, located in Udomsuk at Sukhumvit 68 (just few hundreds meters from the new BTS station).

I've seen several project in the last few months and this one was the best value in my opinion.